Author Topic: Error message on UPTIME line  (Read 2786 times)

Ancien

Error message on UPTIME line
« on: April 25, 2018, 10:33:51 am »
On the home page Uptime line I am getting this :

error=1 error_mag="Command not registered"

All seems to be working OK - tested with my other PAW unit. Not yet able to test in the air as my strip is still waterlogged!

Any ideas?

Admin

Re: Error message on UPTIME line
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 10:48:14 am »
Hi Ancien

I can see what is happening here, let me explain.

Whenever PilotAware updates are made, this only updates the application, but not the Operating System
Think of updating your email client on Windows, versus updating to Windows10

The PilotAware application is making use of a feature in the operating system, which is not available in your installation
This attempts to print issues regarding Voltage/Temperature limits

I will fix this in the next release of the application, so that it is not reported for you, unfortunately it means you will be missing this information

The best solution in your case would be to perform a 'full installation' (this is documented in the user guide), this would allow Operating System features, Fixes and enhancements to be available to PilotAware.
This is a bit more tricky than a USB/Internet update, but is manageable.

We are looking at providing a service for full upgrades for users who may find this a little daunting
Thx
Lee

Ancien

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 12:21:38 pm »
Hi Lee
Many thanks for the quick response.
I'll try the full install from the user guide. As the strip is so wet it will make a change from polishing the plane!
Cheers
Bob

Ian Melville

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 12:33:38 pm »
Make a note of the setting you used on the config page, and a note of your licence key from the home page.

Ancien

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2018, 05:22:09 pm »
Success!

Formatted and full install as per guide. All up and running with no error message.

Thanks.

Ian Melville

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2018, 06:26:35 am »
Great, thanks for reporting back.