Author Topic: Updating software  (Read 2705 times)

Nigel waller

Updating software
« on: March 29, 2018, 06:03:31 pm »
I tried updating my software today via a usb stick I followed the instruction's but nothing happened. The stick was plugged into a usb lead that is accessible as the main unit is plumbed in and a pain to get out.
I pressed the update button but the screen just did nothing and after twenty minutes I gave up.
Am I doing something wrong? and do you have to update the software what are the benefits.

Nigel

exfirepro

Re: Updating software
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 10:19:58 pm »
Hi Nigel,

Yes, we always advise updating to the latest software version, as this contains fixes and/or improvements to expand or increase the efficiency of the system. I particular, the last update (20180129) included several improvements to make Mode C Detection more effective, as well as streamlining of the PilotAware audio alerts and a few other 'fixes'.

What software version are you currently running? You need to have at least version 20160820 or later installed for USB updating to work as this was the first version that contained the necessary USB Stick Reader software. Other potential issues could include the USB stick not being the correct format - it must be formatted as FAT32, the update file must be in the 'root' (top level) of the USB stick - i.e. NOT inside a folder and it MUST be named PilotAware.pgp (though the .pgp file extension is not always visible, depending on your computer settings.

Hope this helps, if not get back to me.

Regards

Peter

Nigel waller

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 07:44:59 am »
Sorted thanks

Nigel

Admin

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 07:52:57 am »
Sorted thanks
Nigel

Hi Nigel
Can you please explain the solution for others
Thx
Lee

Nigel waller

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 03:48:58 pm »
Hi
Yes I took the unit out and conected it to a router to do the download. I then added a usb lead and re instaled back in the AC so next time I can do the software upgrade via a usb stick

Nigel

exfirepro

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2018, 05:45:04 pm »
Well done Nigel. Glad you got it sorted.

Regards

Peter