Author Topic: Newbie Questions  (Read 2218 times)

buchken

Newbie Questions
« on: March 09, 2018, 01:30:42 pm »
In the instructions for using PA in Skydemon, we are told to enter "Show Within Vertically". Will this affect Mode C/S as well as ADSB/ PA?

Also, as I understand it, we will be notified (either audibly or by changing colours on Skydemon) as the signal from a Mode C/S aircraft increases and passes thresholds. Is this still true even if the relative altitude separation remains quite wide? So, for example, a mode S appears some distance away at 2000' separation. It gets closer and closer and eventually passes right overhead but still at 2000' separation. Can we still expect to receive further audible and colour warnings. (This is assuming we've set Mode C/S separation to > 2000')

Thanks,

Ken

Admin

Re: Newbie Questions
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 04:15:37 pm »
Hi Ken

In the instructions for using PA in Skydemon, we are told to enter "Show Within Vertically". Will this affect Mode C/S as well as ADSB/ PA?

I think you need to ask SkyDemon how they handle this behavior.

Also, as I understand it, we will be notified (either audibly or by changing colours on Skydemon) as the signal from a Mode C/S aircraft increases and passes thresholds. Is this still true even if the relative altitude separation remains quite wide?
It remains true whilst within the limits of what you have defined

So, for example, a mode S appears some distance away at 2000' separation. It gets closer and closer and eventually passes right overhead but still at 2000' separation. Can we still expect to receive further audible and colour warnings. (This is assuming we've set Mode C/S separation to > 2000')
If you have setup the Mode CS detection to be within +/-2000ft, yes
if it were +/-500ft, then no

Thx
Lee

buchken

Re: Newbie Questions
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 04:59:56 pm »
Thanks Lee.

The operating instructions manual under section "Mode C/S Visualisation" it says "Mode C/S targets are shown through a banner in the top right corner of each screen......Red Amber and Green coding is also used as
on the navigational screen"

So it sounds like this is the only place where, in my scenario that a plane goes straight overhead, the 2000' separation would be more obvious as it would not be red. True? And is this on the Radar screen?

thanks,

Ken