Author Topic: Latest Software Version  (Read 15559 times)

Moffrestorer

Latest Software Version
« on: February 02, 2018, 11:30:09 am »
Hi all,

I updated to ognpaw version 20180119 yesterday evening. I was looking for the 2017 November version that I assumed was the latest but couldn’t find any way to get to the software via Pilotawarelode website. Finally got to it via the link in the OGNPAW set-up instructions.

Can the current/ latest software version be highlighted in some way via this forum please? I only realised there were different versions out there from Lee’s recent post regarding station detection range and overlap.

Thx,

Chris

Admin

Re: Latest Software Version
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 12:39:23 pm »
Can the current/ latest software version be highlighted in some way via this forum please? I only realised there were different versions out there from Lee’s recent post regarding station detection range and overlap.

Hi Chris
OK, Should I tag it in the top left alongside PilotAware release ?

thx
Lee

Moffrestorer

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 10:39:28 pm »
That would be great Lee. It will give visibility to ognpaw software revisions.

I’m not sure how frequently your average PAW owner checks the forum, let alone realises the significance of the “PilotAware release” notification but I’m certain that the OGN-R station operators are all very committed and will appreciate easily checking the status on their software.

Admin

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 10:58:38 pm »
Hi Chris
I think the plan is to run a crontab
This will autoupdate without user intervention
Thx
Lee

Moffrestorer

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2018, 11:07:24 pm »
Even better, Lee!

Thx,

Chris

ridders

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2018, 10:41:52 pm »
Am I right in thinking there is a new version of OGNPaw software?

I see a 20170906  release mentioned above... but I guesss there may be a 2018 as I noticed mention above?

If there is a new release, I take it the update is as per the above readme.update?
The views I express here are entirely my own and are not intended to represent my employer.

Keithvinning

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2018, 01:45:19 pm »
Hi Dave

Yes there is a new release 20180119. You can upload this remotely so you don't have to do a full manual read and reconfiguration. How you do this is in the instructions by running pi@ognpaw:~/rtlsdr-ogn $ ./PilotAware-OGN.update.sh .
I will produce an updating procedure and include it in the installation instructions later today.

Keith

Chris Parsons

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2018, 02:56:38 pm »
Nuts, I was up at Dunks on Sunday and could have done it then...

What is in the update, will it wait until the end of March? (I am away)

Chris

ridders

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2018, 03:19:47 pm »
I will produce an updating procedure and include it in the installation instructions later today.

Keith
Thanks Keith - will apply once I work out what I have to do  :o 
The views I express here are entirely my own and are not intended to represent my employer.

PaulRuskin

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2018, 06:09:03 pm »
Hi Lee / Keith

Is there a changelog of the new version available?

Paul

ridders

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2018, 07:27:47 pm »
Still waiting for updated instructions the ones at the top of this forum are still 20170906

PaulSS

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2018, 03:22:25 am »
Mine says:

Ian Melville

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2018, 06:09:23 am »
Your looking at the wrong place Paul. That is a message to state the latest PAW version. The top topic in this OGN section still states the OGN-R instruction are still for 20170906. I think like Ridders, I was waiting for a new set of instructions promised by Keith to update my OGN-R? Reply #6 on this thread.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 06:11:19 am by Ian Melville »

PaulSS

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2018, 08:47:13 am »
You're absolutely right and I apologise for posting incorrect bolleaux.

I will, in future, make note of which sub forum I'm visiting before extracting my pistol from the holster and shooting from the hip  :)

Keithvinning

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2018, 07:01:46 pm »
Your looking at the wrong place Paul. That is a message to state the latest PAW version. The top topic in this OGN section still states the OGN-R instruction are still for 20170906. I think like Ridders, I was waiting for a new set of instructions promised by Keith to update my OGN-R? Reply #6 on this thread.

Hi Ian the instructions have been updated on the PilotAware.com website to show how to update to the latest software

Keith