Author Topic: OGN Station Status  (Read 7266 times)

Ian Melville

OGN Station Status
« on: January 31, 2018, 05:54:21 am »
Hi folks,
I seem to recall there was a website with a map, where you could see the status of each OGN station by clicking on on the station. Out would pop a 'balloon with the up time, temp and software version. I cannot seem to find it now.

I am after the temperature of mine so I can see the effect of putting it in an IP67 case.

Ben Smith

• Engineering
  • Glider pilot, electronics engineer and Beekeeper.
    • View Profile
Re: OGN Station Status
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 06:24:44 am »
Ian,
Not sure about the site you are after, but you can get the temperature data from http://grafana.glidernet.org/dashboard/db/receivers?orgId=1
This has graphs of temp and other parameters for the OGN side, for some reason it doesn’t seem to work with the PW side.
Ben.

Ian Melville

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 09:04:50 am »
Thanks Ben, that is even better.

Since the PW version is the same hardware, would’t the stats be the same?

Ben Smith

• Engineering
  • Glider pilot, electronics engineer and Beekeeper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 09:11:48 am »
Ian,
The temperature and CPU load would be the same, however the RF sensitivity and noise would be different for the PAW side, however the site dosn't appear to parse the data from the PWxx half of the station correctly.
Ben.

Ian Melville

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2018, 06:14:43 am »
Looks as if the box has raised the temperature by 5 degrees or so, to a range around 50 to 55 degrees.  Box is currently in the house by a radiator, so the 'outside' temperature is close to a British summer  :)

I know cooler is better, but what is an upper limit to ensure a reasonable lifespan for the kit?

Admin

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2018, 08:46:30 am »
At 85 degC the RPI starts to throttle the clock to reduce temps, so you are a long way off from that happening

Thx
Lee

Ian Melville

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2018, 10:56:12 pm »
Thanks Lee, will still try and keep it as cool as I can.

Deker

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2018, 05:00:02 pm »
OGN tracker http://glidertracker.org/ will give you some basic station info including temp.
Click on the station antenna logo and it will show the station temp.
Also if you click show radial in the left menu, it will also show in real time which aircraft the base station is receiving -  8)
Clicking an individual aircraft will show if it is a Flarm, OGN or PAW equiped and which base stations are receiving it. - 2x 8) cool
A combined PAW/OGN station can select the PAW or OGN tracking info, just need to click either end of the station name as they are overlaid.
Hours of fun :-)

Deker

exfirepro

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2018, 08:54:32 am »
Hi Deker,

Glidertracker is my tracking system of choice for monitoring my OGN-R station as it gives so much information - including aircraft type and distance as well as position and track. It can if necessary also be zoomed in to a much bigger scale than the likes of ‘spot the gliders’. IMHO a great product  8) 8)

Regards

Peter

Ian Melville

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2018, 09:39:11 am »
Hi Deker,
Thanks for the link. That was the one I was looking for, but for some reason, it would not display temps on the day I needed it. The link Ben provided is better as I wanted to monitor my Pi, to check I was not cooking it in an IP67 box.

Winged_Jaguar

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2018, 11:42:39 am »
You may find this a useful link to tell you about the graphical status and history of your OGN-R hardware, including RF Noise, CPU Load, Temperature and RF sensitivity. Just select your own station (OGN name only; not the PAW station). I have used changes in the graphs to spot that the receiver had stopped and that the aerial was not screwed in properly.

http://grafana.glidernet.org/dashboard/db/receivers?orgId=1&var-receiver=Radley

I hope this helps

Chris

ps. Sorry, the link is similar to Ben Smith's earlier posting.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 11:52:34 am by Winged_Jaguar »

Paul_Sengupta

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2018, 01:18:14 pm »
That's ok, thanks for the reminder!  ;D