British Forum > OGN-R PilotAware

Demodulator is <x>sec behind

(1/2) > >>

Admin:
Hi All

Chris Parsons has discovered a problem when the ogn-decode process starts running, it keeps connecting / disconnecting to the APRS servers, the following messages are produced

--- Quote ---Demodulator is 31sec behind ! (4)
Demodulator is 31sec behind ! (5)
Demodulator is 31sec behind ! (6)
Demodulator is 31sec behind ! (7)
--- End quote ---

The ogn-decode eventually exits and restarts, resulting in the same issue

Anybody know why this is happening ?

Thx
Lee

Richard:
Lee,
   I think I understand what your asking.... When flying the gliders become visible on SD then keep diapering from the screen for a few seconds then re-appear on screen again. I thought it may just my PAW loosing connection to the server then picking it up again. It seems to be all OGN traffic only, from all stations at the same time (Pocklington, Burn, Ruff,) as I can see all OGN traffic at the same time when Central the the airfields. All other traffic is still displayed OK ( ADSP, Mod S etc.)

exfirepro:
Lee,

Presumably something to do with the dns not syncing NTP properly. Had a search on the OGN Forum and found this thread. Don’t know if it helps - a bit beyond my level.

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/?pli=1#!searchin/openglidernetwork/wrong$20time/openglidernetwork/yjHBg12J7l8

Peter

Admin:

--- Quote from: Richard on January 25, 2018, 10:13:58 am ---Lee,
   I think I understand what your asking.... When flying the gliders become visible on SD then keep diapering from the screen for a few seconds then re-appear on screen again. I thought it may just my PAW loosing connection to the server then picking it up again. It seems to be all OGN traffic only, from all stations at the same time (Pocklington, Burn, Ruff,) as I can see all OGN traffic at the same time when Central the the airfields. All other traffic is still displayed OK ( ADSP, Mod S etc.)

--- End quote ---

Hi Richard,
Not sure what this is in response to ?
I dont think this is related to the thread title
Re: Demodulator is <x>sec behind
can you clarify your point a little more, I don't understand I'm afraid

I think you are asking why the OGN traffic disappears from your display?
What range are you from a Groundstation when this happens ?
Are you simply on the 'edge' of reception from the ground station ?

Thx
Lee

Admin:

--- Quote from: exfirepro on January 25, 2018, 10:45:34 am ---Lee,
Presumably something to do with the dns not syncing NTP properly. Had a search on the OGN Forum and found this thread. Don’t know if it helps - a bit beyond my level.
https://groups.google.com/forum/m/?pli=1#!searchin/openglidernetwork/wrong$20time/openglidernetwork/yjHBg12J7l8
Peter

--- End quote ---

We worked it out, the RTL-SDR was not plugged into the receiver
Thx
Lee

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version