Author Topic: Approval  (Read 2598 times)

Wesjon

Approval
« on: January 18, 2018, 11:05:22 am »
Hi all

Apologies if this has already been asked before. I have an Ikarus C42 microlight here in the UK. If I wanted to permanently fit PAW into my aircraft, would I need approval to do this?

Thanks

Keithvinning

Re: Approval
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 12:04:12 pm »
Hi Wesjon

We have spoken to both the BMAA and the LAA regarding this and both are taking a light touch on PilotAware as it is a safety device. I have given two seminars to the LAA inspectors on the installation of PilotAware in LAA aircraft and will be doing more this year. The Chief inspector Ken Cragie has said that if good engineering practises are carried out then there is no Mod Fee for installing PilotAware, but get your inspector to look it over.

The BMAA are taking a similar line. However the best thing to do is get in touch with the inspector of your licensing organisation either BMAA or LAA. The installation notes for a permanent installation can be found at  http://www.pilotaware.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/161205-Permanent-Installation.pdf

Installing your PilotAware permanently improves the performance, appearance and operation of PilotAware and 2018 seems to be the year that a lot of people are doing this.

When you have done it why not post some pictures so that others with Icarus aircraft can see what you have done.

Cheers

Keith

Wesjon

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 01:19:30 pm »
Thanks Keith!

My maintenance man is a BMAA Inspector luckily so I will run it by him!

Keithvinning

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 09:19:39 pm »
The person to talk to at the BMAA is Rob Mott who is the Guru on Technical issue at the BMAA. Any problems come back to me