Author Topic: Powered up unit - correct lights visable  (Read 2536 times)

SWP22C

Powered up unit - correct lights visable
« on: February 24, 2018, 01:22:11 pm »
I'm a very new user of PAW. So, a basic question, I'm afraid.
But, first, a friend and I gave it its first proper air test yesterday and were very impressed. Still not sure why it didn't pick up a very smart Bonanza coming fast in the opposite direction, quite close and at our altitude, which surely must have had something switched on, but PAW picked up everything else of interest that we could see out of the windows and quite a few that we didn't until after a suitable delay.
Lights. Clarification of the latest Operating Manual, please. (I'm operating the latest software release) Testing the unit at home today - in West London, directly under the Heathrow flight path, clear view of the sky, everything fully loaded and connected to my iPad mini. I'm getting a solid red power light, a steady single flashing red light, top right by the aerial, but a solid green light to the left of that one; not a flashing one, four times.
If I go into the home page, I am showing all greens, 5 satts, etc. i.e. all normal.
Is the four flashing lights condition only when the system is booting up and connecting with the GPS/iPad etc, or am I looking at a potential problem? I am not clear from the manual.
Thank you in advance

Admin

Re: Powered up unit - correct lights visable
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 04:08:03 pm »
Glad it worked well for you  :)

Regarding the solid RED power - that is good

The Flashing RED, I think you are referring to, is the Radio Transmit

The Solid green - GAAHH, good catch
We changed this in Software and did not update the docs  ::)

So now a solid green means all is good.

A flashing red/green sequence indicates an error code - which is also visible on the hotspot home page
Thanks for bringing thsi to our attention

We will update the docs accordingly

Thx
Lee

AlanG

Re: Powered up unit - correct lights visable
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 10:42:29 am »
Hi Lee

I hope Peter is watching this thread, he's been gnashing his teeth recently about this solid green light.
Oops.  ???

Alan