Author Topic: Traffic Recording  (Read 5566 times)

Moffrestorer

Traffic Recording
« on: September 28, 2017, 04:34:09 pm »
And last a fairly decent day and some airborne traffic in these parts. Saw a PAW equipped contact on onglide.com and it was listed in the OGN-R 8082 diagnostic page for this ground station. Could not see it listed when I checked later on. Are contacts only listed when "live" or are they stored for later recall? Is there anyway to check or list all received contacts?

Also got a fly-by an OGN contact and one listed as ABSB Exchange, with a radial from by ground station to the contacts. I'm assuming the ground station will only receive Flarm, OGN and PAW P3i. Cannot understand how it can receive an ADSB contact, unless it's web based info, so any ideas why it was shown as being received by PW Kingstone?

Thx,

Chris

Admin

Re: Traffic Recording
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 05:32:58 pm »
Hi Chris

You are correct the data on 8082 is live, not historical.
It will actually tell you when re-broadcast is in operation, in other words, the receiver is picking up OGN, and picking up PAW, the PAW are close enough to the OGN in order to trigger their position to be rebroadcast
This is shown as such in the table

no idea about the ADSB Exchange, could be something as part of the OGN Software  :o

Thx
Lee

exfirepro

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 06:29:25 pm »
no idea about the ADSB Exchange, could be something as part of the OGN Software  :o

Thx
Lee

Not something I have seen...

Peter

Deker

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 06:03:20 pm »
Hi All,

Looking at http://192.168.1.100:8081/aircraft-list.txt ......

For example:-
I am assuming FLRDD9211 is reception of a Flarm contact, but what 'device' would be transmitting ICA4060AA. PAW, OGN tracker or something else?

Br
Deker.

exfirepro

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 09:35:49 am »
Hi Deker,

Probably also Flarm - the way it reports depends on whether the owner has registered the unit’s Flarm ID, or (as in my own case) the aircraft ICAO Hex. Other options are also seen. 4060AA appears to be a Kitfox operating (presumably) in the Nottingham area.

Regards

Peter
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 05:57:08 pm by exfirepro »

Deker

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2017, 05:24:44 pm »
Thanks for the info Peter,

Is there anyway of telling which are PAW contacts in the log?
I see the RXd packets on 8082 and also the distance of the PAW aircraft when live, but would like to see the individual "range" in the log. Only for verifying that the PAW side of things is 'operating at optimal efficiency captain'.

BR
Deker.

Kevin W

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2017, 05:30:14 pm »
Have a look at Onglide Deker:

http://flarmrange.onglide.com/?#PWEGBKE,max,today,52.440056_-0.648522,9,#009900ab:#009900ff,

If you replace the PWEGBKE in the above with your PW station name you will see the PilotAware traffic your station rx'ed. (and PW% for all PilotAware traffic by all receivers)

Cheers
Kev

Thanks for the info Peter,

Is there anyway of telling which are PAW contacts in the log?
I see the RXd packets on 8082 and also the distance of the PAW aircraft when live, but would like to see the individual "range" in the log. Only for verifying that the PAW side of things is 'operating at optimal efficiency captain'.

BR
Deker.

Deker

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2017, 07:44:04 pm »
Hi Kevin,

I've been using the Onglide website, but I've recently made some changes and wanted to see the effect.
Previously selecting the 7,30,60 days didn't appear to work, but now I've got that to work.
I can now set to the last 7 days and that appears now to show the traffic received over that period correctly - operator error me thinks :-[

Currently testing at home, but now ready to do a test at the tower before the antennas get hoisted to their final position.
Cheers Deker.

Ian Melville

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2017, 08:53:49 pm »
- operator error me thinks :-[

Nope, it is a horrible menu system on that site. I have had the same issue.

exfirepro

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2017, 10:43:04 pm »
Decker,

The OGN servers seem to have been playing up again this week with most stations showing as Red (i.e. Down) despite still being operational. When that happens, ognrange doesn’t update. The fault seems to have been sorted now though and the guys that run the system usually manage to add in the missing data.

Regards

Peter