Author Topic: Track analysis  (Read 4173 times)

Chris Parsons

Track analysis
« on: October 24, 2017, 12:23:03 pm »
I have seen mention of a 'track analysis' tool - how can I get this?

I have a few tracks listed on my PAW and can downloaded them, but get nothing
when I press 'Play' on the web interface? What is supposed to happen?

The downloaded track data is readable - a load of GPS sentences

Chris

Ian Melville

Re: Track analysis
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 12:35:28 pm »
Chris, when you click 'Play' PAW sends data packets as though they were live. You need to run your choice of nav software as if on a flight. Disconnect your ADSB dongle as you can get live and played traffic at the same time.

The track analysis tool was quite basic, and I have not heard of it being progressed for some time. It plots other aircraft relative to you as though you were stationary. Good for seeing how close they came.
Download is here http://www.pilotawarehardware.com/dl/PawPostV2.jar

Chris Parsons

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 12:16:17 pm »
Ah - so the track will be display on SkyDemon? Makes sense, didn't have it connected when I was looking (I don't get a reliable GPS fix indoors)

I found some good open source tracking software, I have posted the link to the forum if you search for me or 'RouteConverter'

Anyway, the URL is https://www.routeconverter.com/home/en

The file type is 'GPS Tuner *.trk'

Cheers

Chris

tj80

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 11:28:05 am »
Is there an easy way to tell which contacts were PAW (if any)?  I've tried the post processor which shows a large number of contacts, but I can't tell which were ADSB versus PAW, etc.

Thanks,
Tim

Admin

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 09:38:24 am »
Is there an easy way to tell which contacts were PAW (if any)?  I've tried the post processor which shows a large number of contacts, but I can't tell which were ADSB versus PAW, etc.

There is an earlier field in the file, which I think is $PAWRT ?
This has a set of FLAGS for each ID Code, indicating reception of
ModeC, ModeS, ModeS-ES, PilotAware, FLARM

Thx
Lee

Ian Melville

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2017, 10:07:03 am »
Tim, in the post processor, PAW. Traffic is bracketed by # e.g. #GABCD#, these are at the top of the list.

tj80

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2017, 10:04:05 pm »
Many thanks. In that case zero PAW contacts on my flight on Sunday. :( Bit surprised, but on the plus side lots of ADSB and bearingless targets and I definitely saw at least 2 aircraft  on conflicting tracks much sooner than I would have done without PAW.