Author Topic: Problem with Radar on Samsung Galaxy GT-N7000  (Read 2978 times)

fly2alpha

Problem with Radar on Samsung Galaxy GT-N7000
« on: October 23, 2017, 02:59:42 pm »
I run Sky Demon on a Samsung Galaxy Note (Original) GT-N7000 running Android 4.1.2 and have no problem integrating PAW onto the display. However, I cannot get the Radar Display to show correctly. See photo attached. I have 2 PAW units running the latest software and neither will display the Radar screen correctly. I also have an iPad Mini on which the Radar displays correctly from both PAW units. Any help or direction would be appreciated.

Admin

Re: Problem with Radar on Samsung Galaxy GT-N7000
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 05:23:28 pm »
Firstly, can I ask what version of PilotAware are you running, that looks like an old style display in RADAR
Also what web browser are you using to load the web pages on your Galaxy ?

Thx
Lee

fly2alpha

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 06:54:40 pm »
Hi Lee - running ver. 20170721 on the PAW - however the browser is a little more problematic. It is simply called 'Internet' and has a world icon. However, on doing a little research and looking up the app details in the browser - settings - advanced - it gives me the following info: Internet Version 4.1.2- N7000XXLT9. This seems to be the android version I am running with the Galaxy Note model number in the suffix. Is it some sort of Android 'onboard' browser which a little research on google seems to indicate it might be ? If the version of the software I am running is OK - would it help if I installed a different browser app ?
Thx
Chris

Admin

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 08:31:06 pm »
Please try installing chrome, this seems to have the best JavaScript support, although on some platforms you need to disable hardware acceleration, to avoid an annoying flicker

Thx
Lee

Paul_Sengupta

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2017, 12:35:16 am »
There are also a few "full screen browsers" you can download which seem better if limited screen space is available.

fly2alpha

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2017, 12:26:31 pm »
Thanks to Lee & Paul. Installed Chrome on Galaxy Note and radar now works fine.

No problem with space available although the controls, H+/- & V+/- are quite large. They are easily operated however but I wonder if they can be scaled down in relation to the radar display itself ?

Also, is it possible at the moment to alter the horizontal units from km to nm which would be more useful and avoid confusion with differing units ?

Thx
Chris