Author Topic: Pilot Aware software  (Read 5159 times)

wizane1971

Pilot Aware software
« on: October 01, 2015, 08:14:24 am »
Hi,
IS there a place where I can download the pilotaware sofware without the raspberry PI OS? I have followed the instructions to the letter and the PI os is installed but the pilot aware is nowhere to be seen. Rather than reformatting the card can I just use the PI to download and install the pilotaware? If so where?
Thanks

Admin

Re: Pilot Aware software
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 01:52:01 pm »
Hi,
IS there a place where I can download the pilotaware sofware without the raspberry PI OS? I have followed the instructions to the letter and the PI os is installed but the pilot aware is nowhere to be seen. Rather than reformatting the card can I just use the PI to download and install the pilotaware? If so where?
Thanks

Hi,

1. Can you tell me which version of the PilotAware installation did you use ?

2. Did the installation appear to complete & boot up, where there any unusual messages ?

3. did you have an RJ45 connected into the Raspberry PI during installations ?

Thx
Lee

wizane1971

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 02:04:53 pm »
Lee,

Not sure of the version of software i believe the link was sent to me from the pilotaware website after I struggled getting the SD card formatted.
Basically the PI software runs as it should but I don't have anything installed. the ipad also doesn't see any connections either which leads me to believe I need to install the pilotaware software.
I can startx and get to the graphic interface but I don't have an address to down load the software from.
I have down loaded the latest software also and there is nothing in the file that i can point the device to for installation.
WOuld it be easier to reinstall
wayne

Admin

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 02:32:35 pm »
Lee,

Not sure of the version of software i believe the link was sent to me from the pilotaware website after I struggled getting the SD card formatted.
Basically the PI software runs as it should but I don't have anything installed. the ipad also doesn't see any connections either which leads me to believe I need to install the pilotaware software.
I can startx and get to the graphic interface but I don't have an address to down load the software from.
I have down loaded the latest software also and there is nothing in the file that i can point the device to for installation.
WOuld it be easier to reinstall
wayne

Hi Wayne,

You can find the instructions here
http://www.pilotaware.com/hardware/
The document is called
PilotAware-Construction.pdf

The software installation guide starts at page 31

Let me know if this helps

Thx
Lee