Author Topic: No PW anymore?  (Read 3596 times)

scsirob

No PW anymore?
« on: September 09, 2017, 09:38:33 pm »
I just looked at the OGN map to see status of my OGN node. The local software tells me my station name is 'PWHLaken'. But on the OGN map it's now 'HLaken' where it used to be 'PWHLaken' as well. Did this change in recent releases?
More weirdness, it actually seems to change from time to time. On top of the map I see:
Maximum Signal Strength - HLAKEN - Since 31/03/2015 (V6 Air Protocol)

On the map it has just changed back into PWHLaken again??

It seems to be a caching issue. Sometimes the map shows PWHLaken and software version 0.2.5. Other times it shows HLaken and 0.2.6
Still the name has changed
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 09:44:17 pm by scsirob »

Admin

Re: No PW anymore?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 10:27:52 pm »
Hi Rob
No there are 2 receivers, at exactly same coordinates

HLaken - ogn decoder
PWHLaken - paw decoder

Thx
Lee

scsirob

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 10:05:23 am »
Hi Lee,

That doesn't make much sense to me, especially because both stations were shown to have different versions of software.

Even more odd, now my station shows up with a blue icon, supposedly representing an 'OLD station'? It's the only blue icon in my area. Interestingly, there's several other blue icons in the UK: PWEGBW.. Also several purple station, all PWxxxx

Admin

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 11:12:47 am »
Hi Rob

Melissa's site which parses the messages, only understands OGN version numbers, eg 0.2.5, 0.2.6, so is irrelevant for the PW* sites

If you want to see the messages as they are passed around the network I can give you an APRS client, but only runs on linux, unless you can recompile for an alternatve ?

I see the messages being sent from your station, with your local pilotaware reported

This client is also pretty good
http://glidertracker.org

Thx
Lee
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 11:16:16 am by Admin »