Author Topic: Just wont boot. red light - sometimes red green.. but wont boot  (Read 3567 times)

pml

Ok Chaps - Am new to this game -- Bought the PAW - first started it at home and registered it. Have run it a couple of times - not had chance to put it in the A/C yet.. Now it it just wont boot even at home. So I happen to have a spare RP2 (spare at home) so swapped it all about and that at least boots BUT comes to the login prompt when I connect  the HDMI. (It doesn't stay up either btw -just keeps rebooting too )
Tried several power supplies. Is the original just knackered? .. what do I do.
Phil

Ian Melville

Re: Just wont boot. red light - sometimes red green.. but wont boot
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 02:54:44 pm »
Can you be specific as to which power supplies you are using, and are you using the supplies USB power cable?

Admin

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 03:57:41 pm »
Most likely a power issue.
As Ian says please provide a reference to
- Power Supply
- Power Cable (are you using the supplied cable?)

Thx
Lee

pml

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 05:47:09 pm »
Ok Chaps - I've read the notes (cant say if I'm using the supplied power cable or not)  BUT the good news is that I have changed power supplies.. (to another that also says 2 amp incidentally !) and I am able to boot it -- So thanks for the encouragement  :) I did reseat the bridge - So final point, its running 20170619 is that the latest SW release. Phil

Admin

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017, 06:15:09 pm »
If you are using the wrong power lead then you run the risk of making the system unstable I suggest you doublecheck the type of power lead you are using

Thx
Lee

exfirepro

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2017, 08:04:02 am »
So final point, its running 20170619 is that the latest SW release. Phil

Phil,

There is a 'hot-fix' patch to 20170619, so technically the latest is now 20170706 - available as a USB '.pgp' on pilotaware.lode.co.uk

Regards

Peter

BTW going back to your OP, remember that your PAW licence is tied to the MAC address of the R Pi you originally registered, so if you swap the Pi the licence won't work, so the unit will boot but PilotAware won't run.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 08:10:51 am by exfirepro »