Author Topic: New Stations Added  (Read 97919 times)

PaulSS

Re: New Stations Added
« Reply #90 on: March 01, 2018, 01:57:05 pm »
No. 40 needs a pacemaker  :o

Admin

« Reply #91 on: March 01, 2018, 02:10:24 pm »
No. 40 needs a pacemaker  :o

I give it the benefit of the doubt in case of nrwork errors, if it misses 2 it is reported as down
I would like a way to report this somewhere but cannot think of a way to automate

Thx
Lee

exfirepro

« Reply #92 on: March 03, 2018, 01:32:29 pm »
Hi Keith/All,

I have just heard from Rob Tatlow (who is also responsible for PWUKPOC(lington), PWUKKir(ton) and PWUKMIL(field) plus several other OGN sites).

He and his colleagues at Darlton Gliding Club have just brought PWUKDRL on line to cover their local area, between Lincoln and Sheffield. It is showing well on Glidertracker. OGNRange however seems to be down again at the moment.

Edit at 6.30pm: OGNRange is now back up and UKDRL coverage showing well, but PAW traffic seen earlier on Glidertracker on PWUKDRL still not showing on OGNRange.

I have added PWUKDRL to the PilotAwares Map.

Well done guys!

Regards

Peter
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 10:27:27 pm by exfirepro »

Keithvinning

« Reply #93 on: March 05, 2018, 10:07:35 pm »
I'm a bit behind here but well cone everyone we have now passed 50 sites WooHoo

davep

« Reply #94 on: March 06, 2018, 11:59:06 am »
It's good to hear that there are now 50 sites but the map on the main PilotAware website OGNR link only shows 11.
To help silence the die hard critics of PilotAware it would be better to advertise the expanding coverage more widely.
Keep up the good work.
Dave

Kevin W

« Reply #95 on: April 09, 2018, 05:59:42 pm »
Oooh yes, would be good to get that updated wouldn't it.  Maybe it could show @exfirepro's OGN-R map layer as he does a grand job of keeping that in good shape.

It's good to hear that there are now 50 sites but the map on the main PilotAware website OGNR link only shows 11.
To help silence the die hard critics of PilotAware it would be better to advertise the expanding coverage more widely.
Keep up the good work.
Dave

Keithvinning

« Reply #96 on: April 11, 2018, 08:00:36 am »
The actual map is preset much up to date but I agree the website needs refreshing as this isn’t automatic

Keith

exfirepro

« Reply #97 on: April 11, 2018, 10:25:24 am »
Just to set the record straight, although I was responsible for re-structuring Ian Fallon’s ‘PilotAware Users Map’ and adding / updating the layers for ‘Active’ and ‘In Development’ OGN-R, most of the ‘updates’ since have been done by Keith or Ashley Vinning - as they are generally aware of when new stations come into development or on line before I get to know about them.

I’m happy to take the credit for doing my bit, but not my style to steal other’s thunder.

It would be good to see the pilotaware.com website up to date though  ;)  :)

Regards

Peter

exfirepro

« Reply #98 on: April 11, 2018, 10:33:17 am »
p.s. meant to say, I heard from Rob Tatlow earlier this week. He was up at Milfield last week (weather not good for gliding, unfortunately) but did update PWUKMIL(field) to the latest software and also did PWUKPOC(lington) on his way back home.

Regards

Peter

PaulRuskin

« Reply #99 on: May 06, 2018, 10:34:57 am »
Two new stations up:

Swaffham (East Anglia) and
Skelling (Eden Soaring in the Lake District).

Paul

PaulRuskin

« Reply #100 on: May 08, 2018, 05:46:45 pm »
And another at Biggleswade - UKBIG

Paul

Keithvinning

« Reply #101 on: May 08, 2018, 05:49:17 pm »
Hi Paul

Great news you really have been prolific since coming back from holiday.
Also good news we have had commitment for a further 4 sites from the GA community following the Popham microlight show.
These are
Between the bridges on the River Severn
Portsmouth
Eastbourne
East of Deanland

PaulRuskin

« Reply #102 on: May 08, 2018, 06:26:31 pm »
I've shipped a lot more than that!  They should come online over the next few weeks.

Paul

exfirepro

« Reply #103 on: May 09, 2018, 12:59:18 pm »
Well done Paul / All,

Lots more Ground Stations showed up this time on my route to / from Popham - very impressive!

Regards

Peter

PaulRuskin

« Reply #104 on: May 09, 2018, 07:03:21 pm »
And another at Fordham (20 km north east of Cambridge).

Paul