Author Topic: CAA endorsement of PAW?  (Read 2129 times)

jp62

CAA endorsement of PAW?
« on: July 05, 2018, 03:36:34 pm »
Interesting airprox article anyway, and in addition because of this endorsement:

"Members noted that neither aircraft was fitted with any form of electronic conspicuity equipment which would likely have alerted them to the presence of each other; given the increasingly affordable systems such as PilotAware that were now available, they urged all pilots to review whether now was the time to consider investing in such relatively low-cost safety systems."

Well done PAW!  Awesome job.

I think now is also a good time to make some of the PAW features/UI more aviation and less engineering, such as putting audio warnings in nm not km!

Ian Melville

Re: CAA endorsement of PAW?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 04:29:07 pm »
I have discussed the NM/Km situation with Lee many moons ago. It's not quite as straight forward as you think. If you just do a conversion then you will get audio calls about traffic at 1.86 miles etc. Not impossibleto impliment NM, but every stage of the process will need to be re-coded to allow for both options.

Having seen the Stratus interface, I do find the PAW one is clunky and complicated. I like the way any change on the Stratux is saved straight away (no save button). PAW coul do with a 'Basi'c get you going interface and an 'Advanced' option for those that want to tweek the settings.

At the moment I am not sure Lee has the time to do this