Author Topic: Renewal  (Read 7709 times)

Admin

Re: Renewal
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2017, 01:06:33 pm »
I just went through the renewal process which all seemed to work as expected, except that at the end it implies that the new licence is only valid from the date the old licence expires rather than from today. Does this mean that I have to "install" it on the very day that it expires, or can I preempt the expiry? Given that the licence expires on a Thursday when I will be trapped in the office, I had hoped to install it on the Saturday before so that the other co-owners in my shareoplane don't have to live without PAW for 2 days if they want to fly during the week.

Good catch - needs a reword I think  :o
It is valid today, and expires 12 months AFTER your previous expires, so in effect sequentially, not concurrently
thx
Lee

exfirepro

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2017, 02:24:20 pm »
Rob,

Like a car MOT, the licence runs for a year from the expiry date of your old one, but you should be able to renew it and install the new code in advance of your old one expiring. At least that was the intention. Let us know if it doesn't work out that way.

Regards

Peter

T67M

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2017, 05:54:14 pm »
Thanks for the replies. I'll try the new licence code at the weekend and let you know how I get on...

grahambaker

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2017, 08:26:17 pm »
I can confirm that renewing it with the new key in advance of the current expiry date works fine. Did mine at the weekend. :)

T67M

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2017, 09:10:50 pm »
Managed to get to the airfield tonight to give it a try - all working perfectly (as normal!)

exfirepro

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2017, 10:37:38 pm »
Thanks Guys,

Good to get feedback and know it's working as intended.

Regards

Peter