Author Topic: Broken bridge card  (Read 3527 times)

stillstanding

Broken bridge card
« on: April 14, 2017, 03:37:03 pm »
I had a nice flight last weekend, apart from the moment when the aerial attached to the bridge card slowly flopped over. I've dismantled the box now I'm home and the connector that the aerial screws into has come away from the board. It looks like the tracks on the centre and one of the sides has come away from the circuit board, the other side electrode seems to have split at the solder join.

I may well have bumped the aerial at some point which could have weakened it, although I can't remember doing so. Have you had any faulty cards with this problem? I think I might be able to repair it by soldering the aerial connector to the pins on the bottom of the card, and removing a bit of the insulation from the centre electrode track and bridging that on the top.

If not is a replacement card available without a licence as I already have that!

Many thanks,

Mike

Admin

Re: Broken bridge card
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 03:41:22 pm »
Hi Mike

Please contact Dave Styles at PilotAwareHardware - he should be able to advise the best way forward

Thx
Lee

Chris7777

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 10:37:42 am »
Hi I would advise using a remote aerial with the cable connected to the PAW. The soldered connector on the pcb will not take any kind of abuse, especially considering the large leverage available from the aerial.
I have all remote aerials for gps, sdr and PAW and it works a treat.
Chris

stillstanding

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 10:28:34 am »
Strangely enough, that's what I intend to do!

Mike

stillstanding

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 02:57:21 pm »
Hi Lee,

Sorry to trouble you, I contacted PilotAware Hardware via their on-line form and have heard nothing. Could you PM me Dave's contact email please?

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike

Please contact Dave Styles at PilotAwareHardware - he should be able to advise the best way forward

Thx
Lee

Admin

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 03:43:02 pm »
PM Sent
Thx
Lee

Hi Lee,
Sorry to trouble you, I contacted PilotAware Hardware via their on-line form and have heard nothing. Could you PM me Dave's contact email please?
Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike
Thx
Lee

DaveStyles

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 03:47:58 pm »
Email PM'd

cheers

Dave.