British Forum > General Discussion

First Time Builder

(1/4) > >>

N6010Y:
Hi Folks,

All bits arrived except the compact ARF transceiver - have noted the other posts on when/if they are expected to come into stock again.

Also decided to go for the slice of POD construction after reading through the various threads etc.

A quick question on the ADS-B Receiver Dongle - I'm assuming (gulp) that the remote control, install CD and ariel are not used, and the signal for the ADS-B USB dongle is via the ARF transceiver when fitted - or am I totally wrong!

Many thanks - and don't be surprised if I ask a few more questions along the way....   :D

Hugh

Admin:

--- Quote from: N6010Y on September 23, 2015, 06:42:40 pm ---Hi Folks,

All bits arrived except the compact ARF transceiver - have noted the other posts on when/if they are expected to come into stock again.

Also decided to go for the slice of POD construction after reading through the various threads etc.

A quick question on the ADS-B Receiver Dongle - I'm assuming (gulp) that the remote control, install CD and ariel are not used, and the signal for the ADS-B USB dongle is via the ARF transceiver when fitted - or am I totally wrong!

Many thanks - and don't be surprised if I ask a few more questions along the way....   :D

Hugh

--- End quote ---

You are correct, the RC and CD are not required.
The signal for the ADS-B is NOT via the ARF, it is a tuner itself, so simply connect the supplied aerial
and you are good to go.

BTW, you can get your system up and running to receive ADS-B, before the ARF arrives

Thx
Lee

N6010Y:
Lee,

Many thanks for the quick reply - let me know how I can get it up and running with the ARF please - PM if required.

I live approx 4 miles from Heathrow (but fly from Blackbushe), so I should have no issues getting traffic on SkyDemon.

I have so far:

1.  Copied the operating image onto the micro SD Card.
2.  Powered the RPI, connected to a monitor and confirmed the mouse and keyboard are working.
3.  What option of Operating System do I select on the RPI boot up options?

Hugh

N6010Y:
Lee,

Of course, my last post should have said "without" the ARF Board and not "with" - oops.

Hugh

Admin:

--- Quote from: N6010Y on September 23, 2015, 06:52:12 pm ---Lee,

Many thanks for the quick reply - let me know how I can get it up and running with the ARF please - PM if required.

I live approx 4 miles from Heathrow (but fly from Blackbushe), so I should have no issues getting traffic on SkyDemon.

I have so far:

1.  Copied the operating image onto the micro SD Card.
2.  Powered the RPI, connected to a monitor and confirmed the mouse and keyboard are working.
3.  What option of Operating System do I select on the RPI boot up options?

Hugh

--- End quote ---

document here http://www.pilotaware.com/hardware/
section 7 installing software

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version