British Forum > General Discussion

Setup

<< < (2/5) > >>

Admin:
I was just about to post that it is a power issue.
I suggest you try the pi2, another user reported installation was successful on pi2, although not yet run the software

Have you given me your wifi dongle mac address for the license code ?
Thx
Lee

Richard:
Lee,
     I have just Emailed the MAC to you

I will try the Pi2

Richard

Richard:
Lee,
    I'm Still having problems !!!!  It is looking more like a compatibility or something....

OK I can get the IPad to see the PilotWare  ( the Unit you have put together for me. Thank you for this) I Know it works because you have tested it. It keeps dropping out before I've even got it sorted with in Sky demon.  Sometimes the WIFI lights are on And sometimes they don't come on at all unless I restart the unit. Some times the Ipad will see it and sometime it will not. That is as far as I can get with it. If I plug the DV Receiver back it I cant get the WiFi to even light up and nothing can see it If Removed The PC and Ipad can see it. but drops out. I was wondering if it could be a power supply fault too. I'm awaiting a better cable but not yet arrived.

Do you also have any Ideas?

Admin:

--- Quote from: Richrd on August 13, 2015, 06:31:54 pm ---Lee,
    I'm Still having problems !!!!  It is looking more like a compatibility or something....

OK I can get the IPad to see the PilotWare  ( the Unit you have put together for me. Thank you for this) I Know it works because you have tested it. It keeps dropping out before I've even got it sorted with in Sky demon.  Sometimes the WIFI lights are on And sometimes they don't come on at all unless I restart the unit. Some times the Ipad will see it and sometime it will not. That is as far as I can get with it. If I plug the DV Receiver back it I cant get the WiFi to even light up and nothing can see it If Removed The PC and Ipad can see it. but drops out. I was wondering if it could be a power supply fault too. I'm awaiting a better cable but not yet arrived.

Do you also have any Ideas?

--- End quote ---

Hi Richard
Yup, power, power, power.

Is this the one you sent to me which I had working ?

Can you tell me your configuration ?
What is the power source ?
What is the usb cable, how long is it, does it have an AWG rating ?
Post some pics
I have seen massive differences due to power source and usb cable

Thx
Lee

peastlake:
This is probably going to sound dumb, but I've assumed that the DTV receiver dongle has to have its supplied antenna attached. It's not shown on the "finished" pictures in the build manual, but I'm guessing it's needed?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version