British Forum > Technical Support

Audio Alert Volume Control Not Working

(1/1)

Clive Richards:
Have version 20161124
              In config I can select Volume control which is set at 10 to say 2 press test no change in volume it them jumps back to 10.             
Have selected 2 then save still no change in volume and it still jumps back to 10.

I have tried to update using a USB to 20161201 in case you have corrected a bug  shows update ready press install and it goes through motion turning wifi off as discribed & Light on USB stick flashes but on restoration of wifi still shows 20161124

Clive

Admin:
Hi Clive

This is a bug, and was reported, we have a fix which will be in the next release.
Still doing some testing before the release.

Thx
Lee

davep:
I too have the same problem not able to adjust the volume despite updating to the latest version on pilotaware.lode.co.uk.
My volume is set at 0. After changing it, it goes straight back to 0 when "Save" or "Test" is pressed.
I get a short burst of white noise when "Test" is pressed but otherwise no audio at all.
It seems strange if this is due to a bug when other people are obviously using the audio.

Ian Melville:
Dave,
It stuck at the volume setting that you had on the previous software release. I was fortunate that I was on 10, so it stuck on 10 and have been able to hear all.

I'm not 100% sure, but if you reformat the SD card (or format a 2nd card) and reload your PAWwith the current release, it defaults to 10. Perhaps Lee can confirm? Though  pain to have to put all the settings in again, it's worth a try?

davep:
Thanks Ian,

I reinstalled using the SD card and the volume defaulted to 10 as you predicted.
I must admit that I didn't try changing the volume as I am happy with it set to 10.

Dave

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version