Author Topic: The New Website  (Read 4511 times)

Richard W

The New Website
« on: January 29, 2017, 08:12:47 pm »
My first impression is good.  I have a couple of suggestions, on the Introduction tab, the graphics for the aircraft are a bit too small, especially the only important type (3-axis microlight :) ).  And maybe the list of "What you need to get started" should be a bit less alarming for non-tech types, with more emphasis on the pre-built unit, with a pointer to the fact that DIY is possible.

Keep up the good work,

Richard

Ian Melville

Re: The New Website
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 08:48:52 pm »
Looks very slick on both PC and phone, well done.

Keithvinning

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 08:53:07 pm »
My first impression is good.  I have a couple of suggestions, on the Introduction tab, the graphics for the aircraft are a bit too small, especially the only important type (3-axis microlight :) ).  And maybe the list of "What you need to get started" should be a bit less alarming for non-tech types, with more emphasis on the pre-built unit, with a pointer to the fact that DIY is possible.

Keep up the good work,

Richard

Thanks Richard your feedback is always welcome

Keithvinning

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 08:55:10 pm »

Thanks Ian

Richards previous comment is very valid about the size. Of course we have to make sure that it looks good on everything from an iMac to an iPhone. Ashley is working on it

Thanks again chaps.

A_Vinning33

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 09:12:27 pm »
Hello Everyone,
Let me introduce myself as this is my first post on the PilotAware forum.
I'm the website designer behind the PilotAware.com, I hope you enjoy the new user interface as much as I do.
This website has been a fantastic project for me. However, there is always room for improvement. So if you have any constructive criticism, then I will try and integrate a suitable solution into the new PilotAware website.
Happy browsing!
Kind Regards,
Ashley
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 09:29:38 pm by SimplySteeze »

A_Vinning33

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2017, 09:22:09 pm »
Hello Richard,
I hope your having a great evening. I have taken your advice onboard and I have now increased the aircraft graphic by 20% I hope this looks better on your device. The list of "what you need to get started" is a much larger modification. However, I will look into how I can make such changes. Thanks for pointing it out.

Keep up the good work,

Richard

Thanks for the kind words Ian, I'm very pleased it works fluidly on your PC and Phone.

AllanBirt

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2017, 09:41:41 am »
love the new website, keep up the good work  ;)

brinzlee

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2017, 10:26:54 am »
New website is very slick.....I like the layout....
Two things possibly to add, for the help of new users.....It's probably embedded somewhere but wasn't immediately obvious, I think there should be two additional links in the navigation bar at the top of the home page, one to the forum, and one to the latest version of software at http://pilotaware.lode.co.uk/ for those that want to update via USB
Other than that it's perfect.....Well done !!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 10:36:17 am by brinzlee »

A_Vinning33

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2017, 11:56:27 am »
Hello Allan,
Thanks for the kind words, I'm pleased you like the new website style.
love the new website, keep up the good work

Hello Brinzlee,
I'm pleased you like the new website layout, and thanks for the kind words.
I will have a look to see how I can make PilotAware.lode.co.uk and the forum a lot more visible. Unfortunately I can't add them to the navigation bar. I will try and bring the links forward though.

I think there should be two additional links in the navigation bar at the top of the home page.

Kind Regards,

Ashley
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 12:12:38 pm by SimplySteeze »