Author Topic: Radar settings  (Read 9398 times)

flyingalan

Radar settings
« on: December 04, 2016, 06:35:34 pm »
I like the radar display, however using on my iPad it seems that "last used settings" are not remembered. If I go to home screen then back to radar it comes up with default range and mode. Similarly when first starting it comes with defaults. Is their any chance/way PAW could remember last used radar settings ?
regards
Alan

Keithvinning

Re: Radar settings
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 07:31:50 pm »
Hi Alan

Yes you are correct. It doesn't remember what your last setting was at the moment.

So the conundrum is do we make it, say keep zoomed in which is what you may have had on your last flight or view, or keep it as wide open so you can at least see all traffic the next time you start it up.

Your thoughts and the thoughts of others would be welcome on this as has been the philosophy of PAW developments in the past.

Its not possible to keep everybody happy and too much configuration is also not like by some. So lets have your votes for the next release please.

At least we are responsive to our customers views, especially when they are nice and polite as you are.

Cheers

Keith

Ian Melville

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 07:39:30 pm »
You could always have a save default setting button?

Keithvinning

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 07:41:54 pm »
Hi Ian

Yes that could be the answer but its just not there at the moment.

Cheers

Keith

Admin

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2016, 07:44:59 pm »
Hi All,

Yes saving settings was going to be an issue, because of course this data needs saving on the client (browser)
There may be a way to get this done, need to think on this a little.

Thx
Lee

Sean McDonald

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2016, 10:44:20 pm »
Will add my 'yes please if possible' to the list. I've tried saving as a bookmark or favourite but no joy as yet.

flyingalan

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2016, 10:03:45 am »
Add my yes please save somehow, just one more thing to adjust when using in present version. I'm not sure it has to be saved on client, would be happy to save on PI and have last used Radar on any/all clients.
regards
Alan

efrenken

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2016, 09:04:23 pm »
+1 for save!

neilld

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2016, 05:36:15 pm »
+2

DFN

Admin

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2016, 10:23:41 pm »
I am starting to feel like the panicky woman in the scene from airplane the movie,
a queue of people lined up to beat her into sensibility

:P

Its on my list - I promise!

Moffrestorer

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2017, 10:26:29 am »
Hi Lee,

I managed to use PAW RADAR for the first time on 2nd Jan. I like it!

As I recall, the closest I could zoom in gave a 14Km radius inner range ring. Is this correct?

Would it be possible to modify the zoom levels to easily zoom to about 5Km inner range please, to give better definition of target tracks when necessary? When using EasyVFR, by sliding my finger up/ down the rhs of the screen, I'm able to zoom in and out to achieve the same thing on the Nav display but this doesn't seem to be possible if only using the radar display on my iPad Mini2 or iPhone 6S.

Thx,

Chris
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 10:35:47 am by Moffrestorer »

Keithvinning

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2017, 11:07:15 am »
Hi Chris
You should be able to zoom in to 2km. This may have Beeb finger trouble?
 :o

Moffrestorer

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2017, 12:45:17 pm »
Thanks Keith. As you say, it must've been me! Unfortunately with PAW installed in the aircraft it's not so easy to try things now as it's a 50 mile round trip. I did find when trying to get the settings "right" that it didn't feel so intuitive, (again, probably me) so I need to play with it more.

Might be wasting my time, but I'll try firing up my original ADS-B only RPi B+ (With baro) PAW, with the latest software to see if I'll be able to use the Radar for familiarisation, as I think the licence may still be in date.

Thx

Chris

Moffrestorer

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2017, 05:54:00 pm »
Hi Keith/Lee,

Downloaded 20161201 to my original PAW, but no luck in displaying the radar page, when Radar button pressed. I thought it would be a long shot. Presumably its because this PAW has a Rpi B+, or doesn't have a Bridge, or both?

Ian Melville

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2017, 06:04:39 pm »
It needs the bridge and a valid licence.