Author Topic: Setting up the software  (Read 66966 times)

Shortwing

Re: Setting up the software
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2015, 08:38:52 pm »
Unit built, sd card inserted and install. It goes through the boot and gives license fail 00:13:ef:60:12:03

Admin

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2015, 09:24:42 pm »
Unit built, sd card inserted and install. It goes through the boot and gives license fail 00:13:ef:60:12:03

License code sent, please check your email.

Run up a web browser on your IOS device when connected to the PilotAware-0013ef601203 hotspot
go to
http://192.168.1.1

and enter the code sent by email

Let me know how you get on
Thx
Lee

Shortwing

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2015, 09:49:12 pm »
Brilliant, accepted, collision aware running and connected.

Runway hd is missing the Flarm setting in the earlier post, need to investigate

Admin

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2015, 10:03:30 pm »
Brilliant, accepted, collision aware running and connected.

Runway hd is missing the Flarm setting in the earlier post, need to investigate

Ah yes, I have pre-release software.
Contact Tim Marlow at airbox aero, also
Try connecting to
192.168.1.1:8080

Thx
Lee
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 01:10:28 pm by Admin »

Shortwing

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2015, 10:07:44 pm »
Working as expected, nice touch.

I did direct airbox - Tom and William in your direction a few weeks ago saying they would be foolish not to engage with you!

Vince

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2015, 10:57:22 pm »
Both codes entered via web interface and both dongles are now licensed with an expire date of 20160801.

I get a uart coms failure but have not tried a usb/serial cable yet. It would be nice to feed my Garmin 495 with TIS data. Or feed pilotaware with position data from the Garmin which could then feed a none 3G iPad with position data via the Flarm interface?

Vince

Ps. Let me know if you need any help as I am quite IT savy.
Sign up to Stranded Flyer to assist your fellow aviators in those difficult situations.

www.strandedflyer.net

Admin

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2015, 07:50:00 am »
I get a uart coms failure but have not tried a usb/serial cable yet.
Hi Vince
The uart comms reported error, is for communication with the ARF
I presume you do not yet have that fitted ?

Thx
Lee

Vince

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2015, 10:02:17 pm »
No not yet, will do it before the weekend and then try it all in the air.
Sign up to Stranded Flyer to assist your fellow aviators in those difficult situations.

www.strandedflyer.net

peastlake

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2015, 11:13:55 pm »
Okay, so Wi-fi module & ADS- receiver dongle connected to the Pi B+ (but not the radio module yet).

Software appears to have installed (on the latest download the OS seems to be simply called "Rapsberian", but it's got the PilotAware radar logo next to it). Following boot the last message on my Pi monitor is "License Fail for Host 00:13:EF:b0:17:1F"

My iPad can see a Wi-Fi connection called "PilotAware-0013EFB0171F" in the Wi-Fi settings. When I try to connect the iPad to this, it shows it as the active connection with a tick next to it & the Wi-Fi "rainbow" to the right next to the "I" with a circle round it (information button). BUT the "rainbow" does NOT show by the word "iPad" in the top left of the screen as it does when I'm connected to my home network & when I try to active CollisionAware it says "P3I Unavailable - Check WiFi Settings", and Safari won't connect to http://192.168.1.1 ("...could not connect to server")

What's wrong?

Paul

(cross posted to email thread)

Admin

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2015, 09:11:37 am »
Okay, so Wi-fi module & ADS- receiver dongle connected to the Pi B+ (but not the radio module yet).

Software appears to have installed (on the latest download the OS seems to be simply called "Rapsberian", but it's got the PilotAware radar logo next to it). Following boot the last message on my Pi monitor is "License Fail for Host 00:13:EF:b0:17:1F"

My iPad can see a Wi-Fi connection called "PilotAware-0013EFB0171F" in the Wi-Fi settings. When I try to connect the iPad to this, it shows it as the active connection with a tick next to it & the Wi-Fi "rainbow" to the right next to the "I" with a circle round it (information button). BUT the "rainbow" does NOT show by the word "iPad" in the top left of the screen as it does when I'm connected to my home network & when I try to active CollisionAware it says "P3I Unavailable - Check WiFi Settings", and Safari won't connect to http://192.168.1.1 ("...could not connect to server")

What's wrong?

Paul

(cross posted to email thread)

Hi Paul,

Can I ask when did you take the copy of the ZIP file ?
There has been quite a lot of updates in the past couple of weeks

Thx
Lee

peastlake

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2015, 09:18:21 am »
Last night!

Admin

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2015, 09:28:16 am »
Last night!

Apologies Paul,
I made some changes yesterday, and I think I have broken something, I am investigating now ....

peastlake

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2015, 09:43:24 am »
Last night!

Apologies Paul,
I made some changes yesterday, and I think I have broken something, I am investigating now ....

Thanks Lee

To clarify:-

Circles A & B appear to show iPad connected to PilotAware, but there's no "rainbow" at circle C:--

peastlake

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2015, 09:35:07 pm »
Hi Lee

Tried the new image. Definitely different as on install, it now says "P3i" & once install & start up is complete, it doesn't give the MAC address of the Wi-Fi dongle, but at the end says:-

Starting PilotAware server ...
/root/servers /
/

with a flashing cursor underneath.

However, my iPad (in fact I've tried two) are still not connecting properly to it, and I'm getting the same "sees the hotspot, seems to connect, but isn't actually connected" problem I had before. The Wi-Fi dongle I bought was advertised on eBay with the chipset as specified in the build manual.

On the other problem, my IDC connector was "adapted" from a complete cable which had three plugs on it. I've plugged one of the unused ones I've got left (which has a 40 wire ribbon attached, but the ribbon's not connected to anything else) to the Pi - & it doesn't boot. I'm using a 2.5 amp 5v feed (my iPad adapter with the lead for the Pi), so it shouldn't be a power problem. Thoughts? I could try a plug from Maplin's with no ribbon & add my own wires - or would these do? http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/raspberry-pi-compatible-jumper-wires-malefemale-n75de

Admin

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2015, 10:08:01 pm »
Hi Paul
Just to confirm, you cannot connect to
http://192.168.1.1

This worked fine on my iphone even when there was no license

Thx
Lee