British Forum > General Discussion

Fail on boot up

(1/3) > >>

falcoguy:
We have the same failure messages on all our installations
fail - usr/local/bin/mount_umoifs called with/var_0 etc etc - if I copied the sentence down correctly, and
FAILED starpar/ etc etc

does this mean we have the wrong update installed?  it states 20150911 but I thought we had 20150912 installed

regards

dave t

falcoguy:
well thought I'd try one of the things out anyway and despite the fail messages during boot up I can see airliners transmitting ADSB - and all through the house window! No idea whether the ARF works - but the machine thinks it does!

Dave

ianfallon:
I get one or two file system mount related failure messages on boot as well but it seems to work fine.

falcoguy:
Well we have done some experimentation

and despite the 2 fail messages on boot up we have tested two of our units and they both work with ADSB and on P3i.  from 'bedroom level' P3i signals we can see each other at around 5km apart.  That is from inside and outside the Fenland zone. We are having disconnection issues with the CollisionAware dropping out and then SkyDemon unable to see the GPS.  Maybe it will be better in the air and away from other wif fi hotspots?  Trials at the weekend are scheduled.

Dave T

Admin:
Most issues I have seen are either power or close to other WiFi,

Can you tell me how you are providing power to PilotAware,
What is the power source
What is the power cable - more importantly, what is the AWG of the power wires in the USB

Thx
Lee

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version