Author Topic: Unable to see Mode C/S coloured rings on SkyDemon  (Read 3149 times)

davidagr

Unable to see Mode C/S coloured rings on SkyDemon
« on: September 06, 2016, 09:07:08 pm »
Hi, I have downloaded the latest software (20160820) and I can see nearby Mode C aircraft on your software (Traffic tab), but I cannot see anything (Coloured rings) on the SkyDemon (SD) software. I can see aircraft on SD with ADSB, do I  need to change the settings somewhere either in SD or your configuration? I have selected the following in your configuration and saved - +/- 4000 ft (Mode -C/S Separation), Long Range (Mode-C/S Detect), Mode-C/S Select.
Please can anyone assist? Thanks

Admin

Re: Unable to see Mode C/S coloured rings on SkyDemon
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 09:19:10 pm »
Hi
Enable bearingless targets in SkyDemon
Thx
Lee

exfirepro

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 08:35:29 am »
Hi David,

Remember also that the rings are driven by the 'alert' signal strength thresholds, so unless the bearingless target aircraft come close enough to you, you will not get rings. You say you have the range set at 'Long Range' which will help see targets from further away. Look on your 'Traffic' screen near the bottom for Mode CS entries with the 'SIG' column box changing colour - these are the ones which generate coloured rings. Be patient, if your settings are correct, they do work.

Regards

Peter

davidagr

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 09:47:48 pm »
I can now see the Mode C and Mode S rings following your guidance. Thanks davidagr