Author Topic: S mode rings/audio  (Read 4283 times)

gls120

S mode rings/audio
« on: August 19, 2016, 03:46:32 pm »
Just installed a classic in a TB 10. I do not receive any rings on sky demon for s mode but aircraft emblems with lD and altitude. I have connected the audio (after ascertaining the raspberry output is a 4 pole socket) or my Kma 24 audio. However when setting the volume on the configure page and saving it it reverts to default on power down. Anybody had any experience how to set the volume permanently.

Keithvinning

Re: S mode rings/audio
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 03:49:32 pm »
Hi Good News

This has been fixed and will be available in the next release

Cheers

Keith

Admin

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 04:02:59 pm »
Just installed a classic in a TB 10. I do not receive any rings on sky demon for s mode but aircraft emblems with lD and altitude.
What software version of Pilotaware are you running ?
There is a version imminent which will revert back to the rings + height diff + Reg

I have connected the audio (after ascertaining the raspberry output is a 4 pole socket) or my Kma 24 audio. However when setting the volume on the configure page and saving it it reverts to default on power down. Anybody had any experience how to set the volume permanently.
The volume setting is remembered in this same new release

gls120

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 05:42:05 pm »
Hi Admin and Keith

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Only received the unit two weeks ago and it was the latest software available as far as I know.

What is the software version with the updates.

I will check my software and compare.

Are there any plans to upgrade to the Raspberry pi 3 yet. It has built in wifi 16gb sd card and a faster processer?

Regards

Graham Stevenson

Admin

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2016, 05:58:56 pm »
Only received the unit two weeks ago and it was the latest software available as far as I know.
What is the software version with the updates.

We are very close to a release in the next 24 hours, an announcement will be made and emails sent out

I will check my software and compare.
Are there any plans to upgrade to the Raspberry pi 3 yet. It has built in wifi 16gb sd card and a faster processer?

There is a lot to consider switching to the Pi3, the biggest consideration is power consumption.
Regarding processing performance, we currently have quite a bit of margin on the Pi2,
so not concerned about the processor speed right now, and in terms of the SD card we are only about 1GB.

The builtin WiFi is an advantage, BUT that will require upgrading the OS from Wheezy to Jessie, this in itself
is not too difficult, but of course distribution to some customers may be an issue.

So in summary, we would probably evaluate in the future, but far more pressing requirements right now  ;)

gls120

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2016, 06:11:37 pm »
Hi

Thanks again for your prompt reply.

Taken all your info on board and look forward to any upgrades.

Regards

Graham L Stevenson

efrenken

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2016, 08:12:55 pm »
... I do not receive any rings on sky demon for s mode but aircraft emblems with lD and altitude...

Hi gls120,

Have you switched on "Show Bearingless Traffic" in Skydemon? Setup | Navigation options and then scroll down to the bottom.

Best regards

Eric

gls120

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2016, 08:14:39 pm »
HI Thanks

Yes have done that

gls120