Author Topic: await radio startup  (Read 3838 times)

Awitty

await radio startup
« on: July 17, 2016, 03:59:53 pm »
My unit is reporting an TXR error, showing "await radio start"  repetitively the log.

I've rebooted a number of times and also opened up the unit to make sure everything is seated correctly.

Any ideas ?

exfirepro

Re: await radio startup
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 12:17:58 am »
Take it you are using a standard kit with the correct power cable and a power supply capable of supplying 2 Amps?

The other most likely issue is not having a good GPS fix. This is critical and doesn't happen at first boot-up unless your GPS is out in the clear with a good view of the sky to the south, so it can work out where it is. Until it gets a good 'fix' the Bridge won't start transmitting as it doesn't have the positional data it needs to do so.

If you haven't done so, give it another try outside and be patient - it can take 20 to 30 minutes for everything to get going the first time out.

Regards

Peter

Awitty

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 07:37:05 am »
Ok understood.  I'll check I have a good GPS fix and report back if the problem persists.

exfirepro

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 02:10:40 pm »
Hopefully it will sort the problem. If not, try to take a screen grab, initially of the home screen, and add it to your post so we can see what is going on. Take screen grabs of the Configure and Logging screens while you're at it. They might also prove useful if it still refuses to fire up properly.

Regards

Peter

Awitty

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2016, 09:17:58 pm »
It turned out to be a GPS problem.  I'd overlooked this because the unit never had a problem before obtaining a fix in the same spot.   - school boy error.

As soon as I ensured it had a good clear line of sight it was ok.

Thanks

Keithvinning

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2016, 11:47:29 pm »
Great Diagnosis Peter
You are the Man !
Now I'm sounding like Callum Galhooley!!!

Keith