Author Topic: Track file format  (Read 20046 times)

Richard W

Re: Track file format
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2016, 10:19:19 pm »
Hoped to get a few P3i pings from aircraft visiting Expo at Sywell from the south, got three sets over two days, only one with #es in track file, which was G-URMS.  The strange thing is that it shows as both G-URMS and GURMS, alternating in batches in the same way as ADS-B Reg-ID and Flight-ID.  What is going on here, I didn't think PAW had a way of configuring both types of ID?

exfirepro

« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2016, 10:30:30 pm »
Richard,

Where an aircraft only has a Reg and not a separate Flight ID, PAW displays this in both formats where you have 'Alternate' selected in (Configure).

Regards

Peter

Admin

« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2016, 10:42:52 pm »
I presume g-urms also has a mode S transponder.
Pilotaware will associate the data by using the ICAO code.
Looking up on ginfo this is Carl Parkinson who is active
on this forum

Thx
Lee

Richard W

« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2016, 11:27:06 pm »
Thanks, partially understood.  Do Mode-S messages contain an ID string, as well as the ICAO six hex character address, then?

brinzlee

« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2016, 11:32:42 pm »
I flew to Sywell on the Friday.....no contacts on the P3i at all.....I know it was windy and not as many flew in as was anticipated but I thought I would have had one ping !!
G-MASS....... :(

Richard W

« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2016, 12:57:40 am »
Let's hope they sold lots of PAWs at Expo, then :)  I assume there was a stand.

brinzlee

« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2016, 09:33:31 am »
Didn't see any representation from PilotAware at the Sywell Expo but I guess the stand space was a fortune to buy and they will be at the LAA one instead like last year !!

JCurtis

« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2016, 09:43:28 am »
Didn't see any representation from PilotAware at the Sywell Expo but I guess the stand space was a fortune to buy and they will be at the LAA one instead like last year !!

You basically started at £200 per square metre, then built the price up from that.  I toyed with it but worked out just too expensive.
Designer and maker of charge4.harkwood.co.uk, smart universal USB chargers designed for aviation.  USB Type-A and USB-C power without the RF interference. Approved for EASA installs under CS-STAN too.

Paul_Sengupta

« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2016, 10:39:26 am »
I was getting lots of traffic alerts from the bottom of 21R as I taxied in!  :o :D

Admin

« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2016, 10:59:33 am »
Let's hope they sold lots of PAWs at Expo, then :)  I assume there was a stand.

Way too expensive I'm afraid, we are trying to run PilotAware as lean as possible.
As Jeremy says £200 / SqM

DaveStyles

« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2016, 03:22:31 pm »

Weren't they running it live on the SkyDemon stand ? We've had some enquiries and sold a bunch to people that saw it at Sywell.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 04:03:03 pm by DaveStyles »

Paul_Sengupta

« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2016, 04:01:52 pm »
Yes, Sky Demon had it running a big screen.

Richard

« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2016, 04:22:56 pm »
As far as I know sky demon have had there own device for a few years now but it's just an ADSB receiver I was always told by Tim when I asked him "Are you going to make that ADSB receiver avalble? Yes was his reply we are develaping it.... " then comes along PAW. So it could be there own device in use, but not sure. 
Richard.
Europa XS

Admin

« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2016, 04:35:36 pm »
As far as I know sky demon have had there own device for a few years now but it's just an ADSB receiver I was always told by Tim when I asked him "Are you going to make that ADSB receiver avalble? Yes was his reply we are develaping it.... " then comes along PAW. So it could be there own device in use, but not sure.

No, it was definitely PilotAware  :)

Richard

« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2016, 06:21:04 pm »
That's good. The divce I had seen on there stand a couple of years ago was probably just used for demo the Sky Demon product. Now they are using the PAW it's a grate advertisement.   ;D
Richard.
Europa XS