British Forum > Technical Support

SOLVED! - Software Download not working

(1/4) > >>

Paddy:
Anyone know of problems with the software download button? It doesn't seem to be working for me. When I hit it nothing happens, the other buttons seems fine.

Admin:

--- Quote from: Paddy on May 30, 2016, 12:14:57 pm ---Anyone know of problems with the software download button? It doesn't seem to be working for me. When I hit it nothing happens, the other buttons seems fine.

--- End quote ---

Hi Paddy,
What machine are you trying to download from ?
Really needs to be a Windows PC, Linux PC, or MAC.
Thx
Lee

Paddy:
Ah good point, I was trying to do it on my iPad mini that I use for flying. Will now try on windows. But doesn't the software need to be on my iPad?

AlanG:
Hi Paddy

As you say you are downloading the software I assume that you have built your own unit and are not using a complete new "Classic" PAW that comes complete with the software pre-installed.
None of the PAW software is required on your tablet, it is all transferred to a pre-formatted SD Memory Card (via your PC/Mac) which is then installed into the Raspberry Pi to run the PAW.  The only software you will require on your tablet is a proprietary Navigation software of your choice, (I use EasyVFR) which accepts the output from the PAW to give you visual representation of the traffic around you.
There is a thread on here dedicated to the correct way to format the SD card etc. 
Check this out.   http://forum.pilotaware.com/index.php/topic,231.0.html
Hope this helps
Apologies if I have mis-understood what you are trying to do.

Regards
Alan

Admin:

--- Quote from: Paddy on May 30, 2016, 12:44:41 pm ---Ah good point, I was trying to do it on my iPad mini that I use for flying. Will now try on windows. But doesn't the software need to be on my iPad?

--- End quote ---

Hi Paddy,
I have just realised you have purchased the classic, so no need to download the software, it is all pre-installed for you.
You just need to enter the license code, and connect to your navigation software

Thx
Lee

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version