Author Topic: Ground Station  (Read 170612 times)

EricC

Re: Ground Station
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2016, 05:01:45 pm »
Just gone of the air at the moment.
Now have a Pi 2 B waiting for a new licence.

Rx for today 1224

Back soon    fingers crossed

EricC

Admin

« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2016, 05:03:49 pm »
Hi Eric,

are you looking at the track files by any chance to see what you are capturing.
I think Dave styles is looking at building a post processor to analyse the data files

DaveStyles

« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2016, 06:17:41 pm »
I've built it, I just need to test it a bit more and release v0.1
In the true spirit of PAW, I'll then take suggestions and upgrade it as I go ;-)

Hopefully release the first version tomorrow.

EricC

« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2016, 06:24:19 pm »
Thanks to all, up and running again. :)

Regarding log files, have looked, the list is endless, not a clue what they mean.

EricC

« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2016, 08:35:58 pm »
Home screen from today.   Two aircraft,
no info been out all day.

EricC

« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2016, 09:10:16 pm »
Live all day no PAW RX received.
Poor WX after 1300z so not surprised no contacts.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 09:13:34 pm by EricC »

EricC

« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2016, 06:56:20 pm »
No Paw Rx today

EricC

« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2016, 09:59:13 pm »
No Paw Rx again today.  On all day, reboot late afternoon.

JCurtis

« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2016, 02:27:21 pm »
It would seem I have picked up two contacts today, over 313 odd packets.  At least I have two callsigns with #'s around in the log.  I will work out some distances etc. later on.

Will either come forward with the name of my Base Station to claim a discount on a charger...?
Designer and maker of charge4.harkwood.co.uk, smart universal USB chargers designed for aviation.  USB Type-A and USB-C power without the RF interference. Approved for EASA installs under CS-STAN too.

JCurtis

« Reply #69 on: July 03, 2016, 03:05:01 pm »
Well if my trig is right, then I was picking the first at a range of 20.6km to 23.6km and the second starting at 13km, closing to 7.8km, then increasing again to 12.9km

If I find the energy and some new batteries for the calculator, I may look to reverse engineer the tracks... unless someone has some software to that already?
Designer and maker of charge4.harkwood.co.uk, smart universal USB chargers designed for aviation.  USB Type-A and USB-C power without the RF interference. Approved for EASA installs under CS-STAN too.

Ian Melville

« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2016, 05:01:05 pm »
I've not looked at the log in detail, but if the lat., lon. and alt can be stripped out you should be able to parse it for Google Earth?

I used to do a lot of this stuff, but have been out of programming for a few years now.

JCurtis

« Reply #71 on: July 03, 2016, 05:13:03 pm »
I've not looked at the log in detail, but if the lat., lon. and alt can be stripped out you should be able to parse it for Google Earth?

I used to do a lot of this stuff, but have been out of programming for a few years now.

Well what I have is the Easting and Northing relative to me, so some basic trig to get the relative bearing and distance.  Once I have that I can then work out the lat long based from my own fixed position, throw in the relative height, and generate a file.  I remember doing this stuff in ground school, amazed I could remember it to be honest!

I suppose I could just cut the corner and convert everything directly into Lat/Long...

Ian Melville

« Reply #72 on: July 03, 2016, 05:31:44 pm »
Which log Interface messages have you got enabled to see PAW packets?

brinzlee

« Reply #73 on: July 03, 2016, 05:38:19 pm »
That will be on the home screen of 192.168.1.1 under the TRX information TX and RX

Ian Melville

« Reply #74 on: July 03, 2016, 05:52:33 pm »
Thanks Brinzlee, I found that after I posted. However Jeremy stated that it was relative to his PAW, where as mine seems to be absolute.

Wish it would save the setting. Every time I leave the Config page I lose the log option ticks