British Forum > General Discussion

Trying to get my head around this!

(1/4) > >>

Wadoadi:
This sounds very good, well done.

A few questions if I may!
I fly a microlight with a Mode S transponder BUT it is not connected to a GPS, will this interfere with the transponder? Do I still use my transponder?
My assumption is I do, else how would I squawk the correct codes.

does it have an inbuilt GPS or does that come from Skydemon? Or does this system not use GPS?

I have PI2 If i build my own does this work with a PI2?

I also have an RTL820T2, can this be configured to work?

Sorry for all the question, if there is a detail description of how it all works that may help my understanding!?

Thanks

ianfallon:
Admin can correct me if wrong but ...

You should use it in conjunction with (but not connected to) your mode S xponder.
It receives ADS-B (mode S transmitted by others) and sends and receives PilotAware broadcasts which are detected between nearby PilotAware units.

It uses the GPS signal from your device running SkyDemon (or another GPS attached to that device).

I understand Pi 2 is not yet supported but probably not far off.

I have no idea what a RTL820T2 is, so can't help there!

Wadoadi:
Thank you Ian.

I think i added a couple of letters to the part number! should have just been R820T2 or in full RTL2832u – R820T2 newer DVB-T stick http://www.hamradioscience.com/rtl2832u-r820t-vs-rtl2832u-r820t2/2/

ianfallon:
Sorry I see what you mean. The build doc says it should have the "RTL2832U & R820T chipset"

Admin:

--- Quote from: Wadoadi on September 10, 2015, 10:25:28 am ---Thank you Ian.

I think i added a couple of letters to the part number! should have just been R820T2 or in full RTL2832u – R820T2 newer DVB-T stick http://www.hamradioscience.com/rtl2832u-r820t-vs-rtl2832u-r820t2/2/

--- End quote ---

The issue will be whether the R820T2 appears backward compatible with the R820T drivers, or whether the R820T drivers also include support for the R820T2 hardware. As always with these issues, there is only one way to find out ....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version