Author Topic: 4 mins for wifi access to become available(was battery startup issue) - SOLVED!  (Read 8527 times)

JCurtis

With my DVB-T antenna placed in my upstairs east facing window here in Guildford, I get ADS-B from as far away as Belgium, and everything in between, including over London.

When I first experimented with ADS-B reception on a DVB-T dongle, I made a coax collinear. Just having it in my bedroom it managed to bring in over 100 aircraft at one time.

The problem is my office/lab is pretty well shielded, even the glazing has a coating that is a pretty good attenuator.  What is handy is the metal roof, so I just use a mag mount and pop an aerial up when I need to, it makes a great ground plane.  Just not had the time to sort anything out as yet.
Designer and maker of charge4.harkwood.co.uk, smart universal USB chargers designed for aviation.  USB Type-A and USB-C power without the RF interference. Approved for EASA installs under CS-STAN too.

exfirepro

Hi Jeremy,

At that distance you will definitely get ADS-B alerts and should also get Mode S warnings - certainly from the 'big stuff'. Please remember to enable Mode S in the Config page if you haven't already done so and note that the Mode S triggers in the current software version are not the final version yet, so start from the ultra (too noisy) setting to allow everything in, but you will probably need to use the 'medium' or even 'low' range setting to avoid being swamped with alerts if aircraft (especially Mode S CAT) are that close to you.

Regards

Peter