British Forum > General Discussion

Enhancement Requests

<< < (84/84)

CliveJ:
No been to the forum for a while but I've just been popping onto the pinned threads and it struck me that it's time for a refresh of them. Most are old and out of date.
For a newby coming for a look it's not the resource that it once was.
Regards Clive
P.S. just got the Newsletter, Go Pilot Aware!

Keithvinning:
Hi Clive
Thanks for your post
Unfortunately, it's just a matter of time
We are so incredibly busy installing ATOM stations, developing and testing new stuff
I would encourage anyone who has not signed up for the newsletter to do so via any of the blog posts or knowledgebase articles on the website.

Cheers

Keith

steveu:
I'd like to suggest an enhancement to make Bluetooth more user friendly.

On the Radar screen, add another tick box marked BT or Bluetooth.

When this box is ticked, a number of things appear bottom right of the same screen.

There's a small status indicator to say if BT is connected.

There are buttons for up, down and mute for BT volume.

If space was a problem, the you'd stick with status and mute.

I realise that the necessary under the hood may not exist for these controls yet, but it can be controlled on the Pi, from my research.

This would get around the fact that the 3.5mm jack out of the Pi is often "dirty", and has low level interference on it in some installations.

Using a ground isolator results in a signal level drop that makes the audio too low level to be used... so it has to be boosted. That requires an active component.

Using BT gets around any earthing or interference pick up problems. It also makes for easy connection to any intercom with Bluetooth without getting into connector, balanced/unbalanced  and level rabbit holes...

steveu:
When doing anything ADS-B for the BMAA, it can be useful to have another PilotAware equipped aircraft for snagging or evidence gathering for TILs/SMMs.

The really useful bit is the column outlined in green on the traffic screen of the PAW as fed to a phone or tablet, like in the attachment.

Please would it be possible to have this same column in the traffic screen that you get from the ATOM, inserted roughly here?

Then a second aircraft would not need to be powered up, and diagnostic work would be easier on your own?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version