Author Topic: Transceiver Interference  (Read 20976 times)

Paul_Sengupta

Re: Transceiver Interference
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2016, 11:52:40 pm »
I have an Anker one which is now discontinued, but there's a new version. It's very quiet RF wise at least in my car and aeroplane. The car radio is quite sensitive to cheap USB chargers! It doesn't manifest as noise but as reduced sensitivity.

RickHemmings

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2016, 08:30:29 pm »
Lee - just to close out my interference issue, you were absolutely right of course, it was the plug in USB power supply. By trial and error, I have now found one that works fine with no interference. Thanks for the help!

Admin

« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2016, 09:01:47 pm »
Hi Rick
Great news, I saw a similar issue where I could not squelch out the receive when using a poor quality usb power adapter

Thx
Lee

Mike Mold

« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2016, 03:37:47 pm »
Lee - just to close out my interference issue, you were absolutely right of course, it was the plug in USB power supply. By trial and error, I have now found one that works fine with no interference. Thanks for the help!

Rick, would you care to share the identity and source of your successful purchase? Several people I know are searching for the holy grail!

Mike

Keithvinning

« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2016, 04:07:41 pm »
The unit that you need is an Anker Power Drive 2
Highly recommended

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-PowerDrive-2-Port-Charger-iPhone/dp/B00VH84L5E/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

Admin

« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2016, 04:32:25 pm »
I can vouch for the Anker PowerDrive 2 - great bit of kit.
I have even run PAW and iPad Mini at the same time

Mike Mold

« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2016, 05:15:18 pm »
Thanks, both.
Mike