Author Topic: PilotAware verification, test plan, testing today at Blackbushe  (Read 6909 times)

neilmurg

PilotAware verification, test plan, testing today at Blackbushe
« on: November 18, 2015, 08:07:09 am »
I've got 2 PAW units including ARF that I'm going to ground test at Blackbushe Aviation today from 13:00, other units welcome.

Is there a methodical test plan for verifying the functioning of new units, GPS, wifi, ARF, tablet link, range of different detections, in and out of the aircraft, looking for shielded arcs etc? If not I'll make some notes for a initial draft

Paul_Sengupta

Re: PilotAware verification, test plan, testing today at Blackbushe
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 08:28:16 am »
Mine's on and sitting in my bay window if you happen to fly over north Guildford.  :)

neilmurg

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2015, 08:58:19 am »
Plane is on 50 hour check at Goodwood, but I'll drive Esher-blackbushe on the A3 with an active unit, thanks
ETA Guildford 11:30-11:40
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 10:47:10 am by neilmurg »

N6010Y

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2015, 04:55:20 pm »
Neil,

Wish I had known earlier.

I keep my aircraft at Blackbushe and had my unit in the back of the car today.

As a matter of interest, I've made another 2 units for aircraft at Blackbushe - tested all in the air and all work fine.  The next test is a small formation flight to test the range in the air - of course once this rubbish weather sorts itself out!

Hugh

neilmurg

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2015, 09:27:54 pm »
N6010Y - PM a contact # if you're testing, sorry I missed you. I learned a lot today, some of it what I wanted, and some of it ... stuff to work on.

Paul_Sengupta - I didn't detect you from the A3 or M3 on return, WIP I guess (or terrain)

One result today, the delay on losing a contact (no signal) and it disappearing from the screen ~ 15 seconds. Is this what's expected (I have no opinion on whether that is good or bad).

SteveHutt

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2015, 09:58:20 pm »
One result today, the delay on losing a contact (no signal) and it disappearing from the screen ~ 15 seconds. Is this what's expected (I have no opinion on whether that is good or bad).
Yep, 15 seconds. That's the timeout period Lee told me he has set.

Steve
Steve Hutt

Paul_Sengupta

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2015, 11:43:33 pm »
Paul_Sengupta - I didn't detect you from the A3 or M3 on return, WIP I guess (or terrain)

Not that surprised, in tests my ARF seems to have a range of about 40 yards, in the car, walking, or in the aeroplane!

I'm not that far from the A3, but just over the brow of a small hill.

Just had a look, I have an RX count of zero, so I didn't pick you up either.

neilmurg

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2015, 07:03:02 pm »
Not that surprised, in tests my ARF seems to have a range of about 40 yards
I tried mine at blackbushe, at least one of them has the same 36 metre range, and I broke an iPad screen grrrr.
On the plus side, I don't like Apple products :-)

neilmurg

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2015, 11:39:20 am »
Paul_Sengupta - I didn't detect you from the A3 or M3
Not that surprised, in tests my ARF seems to have a range of about 40 yards, in the car, walking, or in the aeroplane!
Iplan to fly over you around 2pm, 401B0B

Paul_Sengupta

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2015, 12:58:24 pm »
If you see this in time, I'll put mine in my upstairs window facing east. I'm not far north of the A3 pretty much along the railway line, and my window faces east towards the school with the playing fields and ski slope, near the cemetery.

GU2 9WA.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 01:00:17 pm by Paul_Sengupta »

neilmurg

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2015, 06:46:35 pm »
Well I received 5 messages (is that right Tx = thousands, Rx = 5), unfortunately I don't know what logging to switch on, or how to save it to check what it was talking to. I did spot a conflict coming in to EGLF tho', same level, ADS-B, also on Farn. West and the Mk I :-)

Paul_Sengupta

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2015, 07:06:53 pm »
Ah, excellent. I received none. Sorry...

neilmurg

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2015, 10:29:07 pm »
Useful though, I'll plan another one next time I'm up. Thanks for your help