British Forum > Technical Support

Problem Receiving FLARM with Rosetta (in France)

(1/7) > >>

DY691:
Good evening
Is it possible to have an idea of how long it will take for the flarms to reappear on rosetta?
my latest version is 20230316 maybe I forgot to update...
Bonne soirée

steveu:

--- Quote from: DY691 on March 26, 2024, 04:35:21 pm ---Good evening
Is it possible to have an idea of how long it will take for the flarms to reappear on rosetta?
my latest version is 20230316 maybe I forgot to update...
Bonne soirée

--- End quote ---

AIUI it's not a Rosetta function - Rosetta gets FLARM traffic from the ATOM ground stations which do the decoding from FLARM and uplink as P3i(PilotAware protocol).

The ATOM stations are all automatically updated whenever PilotAware HQ releases new software to them - no one has to anything.

If you're not seeing FLARM on Rosetta, are you near ground stations?

DY691:
Good evening
I fly in France and unfortunately there are very few ATOM stations, if any at all...
I think that the flarm signals are recovered via the OGN by the network of my GSM and transmitted by rs232 and wifi to the Dynon and aircrew screens.
In the last few days these signals have disappeared from the Rosetta, hence my question.

steveu:

--- Quote from: DY691 on March 27, 2024, 06:24:22 pm ---Good evening
I fly in France and unfortunately there are very few ATOM stations, if any at all...
I think that the flarm signals are recovered via the OGN by the network of my GSM and transmitted by rs232 and wifi to the Dynon and aircrew screens.
In the last few days these signals have disappeared from the Rosetta, hence my question.

--- End quote ---

Rosetta doesn't use the OGN. Reasons are explained elsewhere. OGN derived FLARM signals aren't therefore a Rosetta issue.

There is a big issue with the OGN that until the stations are all manually updated, there will be a loss of functionality.

In order to receive FLARM via iGrid you'd need some way of injecting it into iGrid?

From the PAW site:

Latest Software Release : 20230316

DY691:
Hello
I'm still having problems receiving flarms with my rosetta, but the PAW tab has turned red with P3I red and the barometer red too (see attached photos).
I can't access the metars either, but there's a radar image on the radar page.
I'm in the 20230316 version and I've also tried the beta version 20240205 same thing ...
If you have any idea how to get the information .... thank you in advance

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version