British Forum > OGN-R PilotAware

Intermittent ATOM screen

<< < (5/5)

trident:
Hi Steve,

Originally the house-side bridge/router was located in the corner of the kitchen extension which was physically the closest point to the barn, but I had to use the powerline adapters to feed the network from the internet router in the study. Now the bridge/router is located in the study alongside the internet router, but the high-gain aerial on the barn is pointing directly at the study, so there's one less link in the data chain. I originally tried the powerline adapters between the house and the barn but the link was very unreliable, hence the wifi link solution.

Unfortunately I've not yet had time to replace the 5V regulator which feeds the Pi to cure the undervoltage flag, but hopefully that will get done soon.

Frank.

trident:
Oh Well, PWLongSut was down for a couple of weeks due to hardware failure of one of the routers I use for the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi bridge between the barn and the study. I've finally managed to get another compatible router to set to the correct parameters and it's up and running again at long last. I think I'll have to find another router as a spare just in case....

Regards all,

Frank.

PS. I still haven't had a chance to sort out the undervoltage issue yet, but hopefully very soon :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version