British Forum > OGN-R PilotAware

Remote monitoring of OGN-R/ATOM station

<< < (3/3)

steveu:

--- Quote from: trident on June 10, 2022, 09:21:18 pm ---When I select "Radar" as I would through a local connection, I get a message saying:
"Bad Request, Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand. Reason: You're speaking plain HTTP to an SSL-enabled server port. Instead use the HTTPS scheme to access this URL, please. Apache/2.4.52 (Ubuntu)Server at bogus_host_without_reverse_dns port 9000

I'm using an Android phone. Any ideas please?

--- End quote ---

Which browser are you using?

Which brand of Android phone?

Which version of Android?

The first and last question can usually be answered by going into the "About" menu either in the phone itself or the browser...

Admin:
Hi Trident
The buttons you are using only work on your local connection
If you want the radar screen, select VRS
Thx
Lee

exfirepro:
Hi Frank,

I thought I had answered this properly the other day, but I obviously didn’t... sorry.

As Lee has indicated, if you are using the remote login via the database link, the buttons on the Grid screen (which you would normally use to bring up your Radar Screen etc.) don’t work, which is why you got the ‘Bad Request’ message.

To switch between screens when using the database access, you have to use the ‘back’ button in your browser each time. This takes you back to the Navigation Bar. You then select the appropriate dropdown, then select the next screen you want to go to from the options on that dropdown.

Hope that is clear.

Best Regards

Peter
p.s. re-reading your original post, you say you want to use the link to ‘share access with a couple of friends’. Although I fully appreciate the sentiment, please remember that the database link allows much wider access than is available to Regular PilotAware users, so we strongly discourage publicising database login credentials other than to those having a specific interest in maintaining, or assisting you to maintain your station.

trident:
Hi all,

Thanks for your comments and I'll try to answer them.

Firstly, I was thinking I could share just access to the ATOM screen with a couple of good friends, purely for them to see what I can see in real time. If there was just a link to that, I would direct them to it. One friend in particular I've known for 40+ years and I completely trust him. He's an avid user of all the readily available flight-tracking apps and we often exchange screen-shots, but I just though an ATOM feed for him would be good. Anyway, if there's potential security risks to the system, I won't bother.

As for phone type, Android version etc. it' s Motorola G6 Play, Android V9 and Google Chrome browser.

I tried the VRS tab as you suggested thanks Lee and lo and behold the ATOM server is down. I'm having ongoing issues with power outages and after resetting the power today found I couldn't get the ATOM screen to work. This seems to be quite a frequent issue, but I just try again later and all seems fine...usually.

I didn't know the usual buttons seen on the local access screen didn't work when accessing through the remote login, but I do now.

Hopefully when the ATOM server is back up again, I can see it from home on my local network and remotely via remote login via the link.

Many thanks for all your help,

Frank.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version