Author Topic: Audio/ new software  (Read 1193 times)

Dave jones

Audio/ new software
« on: June 05, 2022, 12:10:11 pm »
Loaded the new software yesterday, but seem to have lost my audio alerts. It’s a wired connection via a standard 3.5mm jack from audio panel. Was working ok before the new software loaded. Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks Dave

steveu

Re: Audio/ new software
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2022, 01:04:55 pm »
Worth looking at the config page, screen dumping it and posting it here if you haven't checked it out already.

Alerts are set out that page. Worth also checking that there hasn't been a hiccup and the other settings are still correct.

exfirepro

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2022, 10:54:57 pm »
Hi Dave,

What method did you use to carry out the update?

It seems very strange that you have lost audio alerts after your recent software update - especially with a wired connection - as your settings shouldn’t have changed.

I agree with steveu, you need to check your Configure Screen to make sure that you still have all the relevant warnings enabled. Remember that the audio warnings will be affected by any range or altitude filters you have set. Also check (and if necessary adjust - and Save) your preferred Audio Volume Level. Remember you can trigger an audio test from the Configure Screen, but you must remember to Save any changes.

I would also recommend checking the ‘Profiles’ list (button near bottom of Configure Screen) and deleting any which are no longer appropriate to avoid the risk of a wrong profile being inadvertently selected.

Please let us know how you get on.

Best Regards

Peter

Admin

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2022, 07:10:08 am »
I double checked Bluetooth yesterday which as expected is working
I will double check the wired audio

exfirepro

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2022, 11:14:40 am »
Lee / Dave,

I was flying with the new 20220531 at the weekend, with wired audio alerts and they were working as normal.

Peter

Dave jones

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2022, 12:56:20 pm »
Thanks everyone for your help I’ll follow your advice when next at the airfield and report back.
Dave