Author Topic: Android  (Read 68938 times)

Admin

Re: Android
« Reply #90 on: September 26, 2015, 01:14:07 pm »
One further thing Chris, I think the model to go for is how NMEA GPS works on iOS (cannot recall if you have access to an iOS device or not)

Basically I configure NMEA GPS to send UDP(no broadcast option) to 192.168.1.1:2001

This seems to work a treat.
Once the current version of CollisionAware(0.3) has finally made it through iTunes QA, I am going to immediately recode to be UDP

Thx
Lee

chrismills

« Reply #91 on: September 27, 2015, 01:42:47 am »
Thanks Lee.
Body of $GN sentence is identical to $GP
Eg   $GNRMC,123519,A,4807.038,N,01131.000,E,02.........

Looking at the documents, there are other prefixes beyond  $GP and $GN. I'll work on editing the sentence before it's sent.

I do have access to an iphone. I'll check out nmeagps.

Chris

roweda

« Reply #92 on: October 10, 2015, 09:00:40 pm »
Chris

In your next release of PilotAwareAndroid would it be possible to incorporate an Exit button? At the moment if it is necessary to stop the App for whatever reason, you have to go to Settings Apps and Force Stop.

Thanks

Dave

chrismills

« Reply #93 on: October 11, 2015, 02:01:06 am »
Thanks Dave.  Will see what I can do.  Going to be a while before next release. Current version seems to still be working OK with latest PAW releases and I'm pretty busy at work at moment.

Chris

DanDare

« Reply #94 on: November 01, 2015, 02:31:21 pm »
Hi,

I've just put together my PAW (still waiting for the ADS-B dongle) and am currently testing. I am having disconnection issues and a few other weird things happening.

Test Environment
Tablet: Galaxy Tab S 8.4 WiFi + LTE
WiFi Dongle: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231483794170?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
GPS: U-Blox7 USB dongle
PAW Ver: 20151030
PilotAwareAndroid Ver: 1.0

Bug Report 1:
Test case: Left Skydemon and PAW connected overnight.
Result: In the morning SkyDemon appeared to sill be connected to the GPS, green LED on GPS dongle flashing away happily as is the WiFi dongle LED, however the server was unreachable in chrome. After disconnecting WiFi from PAW and reconnecting I get the following error msg in SkyDemon:
"Failed to establish connection with Butterfly Connect Unit."
Cycling the power on the PAW unit and reconnecting are the only way to resolve the issue.

Bug Report 2:
Test Case: General use and testing
Result: Various times when PAW has disconnected from my tablet (for whatever reason) I have noticed it sometimes requires rebooting the PAW unit (via cycling the power) to be able to connect to the web server  again. I have tried to connect to the PAW web server from two devices when this bug appears and the results are the same: a blank screen or connection refused msg. All indications on the tablet show WiFi connection to PAW is okay but I am getting no data back.

Logs:
This set of errors are being repeatedly logged (which relates to the ADS-B receiver not being connected?):
SDR-USB: Attempting connection
SDR-USB: Error, connect()
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 02:55:38 pm by DanDare »

ianfallon

« Reply #95 on: November 01, 2015, 02:40:47 pm »
Two things spring to mind:

1) You don't need to run the PilotAware app if you have the GPS dongle

2) If your tablet is used to connecting to your home Wifi then it's all too easy for it to revert to that instead of the PAW - ideally get it to "forget" other networks so it sticks with the PAW one

May not be related to your issues but just a thought

DanDare

« Reply #96 on: November 01, 2015, 02:44:49 pm »
thanks Ian.

1) I have killed the PilotAwareAndroid App <- one less thing to potentially add errors into the mix

2) Good point, it can be a little confusing at first needing to swap connections, but pretty sure this is not the issue

DanDare

« Reply #97 on: November 01, 2015, 02:47:57 pm »
Does anyone else have a Galaxy Tab with 3g/4g?

I am wondering how the mobile data will work with PAW connected. I have tried using the smart switch setting but I seems to drop the connection to PAW when it can't use it to resolve web traffic endpoints, but I need to do more testing to be able to provide any meaningful feedback.

DanDare

« Reply #98 on: November 01, 2015, 03:31:49 pm »
I've just had another GPS/PAW disconnection.

Steps/ order of events:
SkyDemon: "The connection to your GPS has been lost"

WiFi connection to PAW seems to be ok (checked in the WiFi settings of the tablet)

Web server is responding: "The server could not fulfill your request because the resource specified is unavailable or nonexistent"
Reloading the web browser later results in:
"This web page is not available", "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED"

Disconnected the WiFi from the PAW box, connected to my home internet hub then reconnected to PAW.

Web server is returning: "This web page is not available", "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED"

Admin

« Reply #99 on: November 01, 2015, 03:49:22 pm »
Does this work from another device, ie? IOS, or a PC ?
Need to know if the issue us specific to your PAW, or Android

Also what version of PAW are you running ?

Thx
Lee

DanDare

« Reply #100 on: November 01, 2015, 03:58:03 pm »

I will try connecting from my laptop and repeat the test from power up on the PAW unit.

I have tried to connect to PAW using the laptop during the latest test when it disconnected, I can connect via WiFi but am getting the same error in a web browser:

Admin

« Reply #101 on: November 01, 2015, 04:35:04 pm »

I will try connecting from my laptop and repeat the test from power up on the PAW unit.

I have tried to connect to PAW using the laptop during the latest test when it disconnected, I can connect via WiFi but am getting the same error in a web browser:

Something strange happening, need to see if I can reproduce
Thx
Lee

Admin

« Reply #102 on: November 01, 2015, 04:39:12 pm »
One datapoint here, please confirm, you do not have a dvb-t dongle connected, i wonder if this could be causing an issue ?

DanDare

« Reply #103 on: November 01, 2015, 05:30:11 pm »
One datapoint here, please confirm, you do not have a dvb-t dongle connected, i wonder if this could be causing an issue ?

Yes the dvb-t dongle is not attached at the moment.

This could be the source of the problems. Hopefully Monday or Tuesday the unit will arrive and I can see if that gets rid of the issue.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 05:52:40 pm by DanDare »

Admin

« Reply #104 on: November 01, 2015, 05:53:56 pm »

It very well could be. Hopefully Monday or Tuesday the unit will arrive and I can see if that gets rid of the issue.

I am running mine now, with no dvbt plugged in, lets see if I see the same issue.
How long does it take before you cannot connect to 192.168.1.1 ?