Author Topic: Collision aware software  (Read 15736 times)

Admin

Re: Collision aware software
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2015, 04:38:20 pm »
Hi Alan,

Seems like you are struggling, if you want to send your unit to me, I will get it on the bench and work out why it is not working.

Send me a PM, and I can give you my address if you want to do this.

Thx
Lee

Paul_Sengupta

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2015, 02:48:42 am »
I'm in Guildford. I can bring some working kit round if you want to try stuff.

Admin

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2015, 09:12:03 am »
I'm in Guildford. I can bring some working kit round if you want to try stuff.

Hi Alan, Paul
Can I suggest Paul tries out his suggestion first, if you are still stuck after Paul has tried to solve the issues, then I suggest sending the unit across to me and I will get it on the bench.

Thx
Lee

colinmackenzie

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2015, 12:58:44 pm »
Hi Lee,
In one of your posts on this thread, you mention a 'G-Mouse'. I was wondering if you could recommend a make, model, supplier for the device that  you have used that has looked promising?

Thanks,
Colin

Admin

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2015, 01:10:43 pm »
Hi Lee,
In one of your posts on this thread, you mention a 'G-Mouse'. I was wondering if you could recommend a make, model, supplier for the device that  you have used that has looked promising?

Thanks,
Colin

I have used both of these successfully

Thx
Lee
http://m.aliexpress.com/item/1506451588.html
http://m.aliexpress.com/item/1991146193.html

Paul_Sengupta

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2015, 12:54:40 am »
I think we've identified Alan's problem. He's going to order some new kit and give it a go when it arrives.

Admin

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2015, 07:26:10 am »
I think we've identified Alan's problem. He's going to order some new kit and give it a go when it arrives.

Hi Paul
Can you elaborate for other users ?
Thx
Lee

Paul_Sengupta

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2015, 11:27:29 am »
Ok, hope Alan doesn't mind.

He ordered a Raspberry Pi B+ from ebay. They sent a PI 2 B. They look remarkably similar until you notice the lack of white bars on the headers then read the text on the board...

I gave him the link to order a B+ from RS with next day delivery!

I also said you'd eventually try and sort out the driver issues on the B 2...  :o ;)

Admin

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2015, 12:09:22 pm »
Ok, hope Alan doesn't mind.

He ordered a Raspberry Pi B+ from ebay. They sent a PI 2 B. They look remarkably similar until you notice the lack of white bars on the headers then read the text on the board...

I gave him the link to order a B+ from RS with next day delivery!

I also said you'd eventually try and sort out the driver issues on the B 2...  :o ;)

OK, so two things on this, firstly I think I need a check to barf out during the boot, if I detect I am on a pi2.
secondly, and longer term we will get this running on a Pi 2.

Important for now to know that it is reported as the wrong hardware I think

Skyarrow

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2015, 05:35:24 pm »
Hi Paul & Lee,

Paul has already outlined what he identified the problem to be - I am confirming his findings/suspicions.

I have now obtained the correct Pi B+ board from RS, jury rigged it all together to test it and voila, it all seems to work OK.

So my message to everybody is simply make sure & thoroughly check that you have been sent the correct Raspberry Pi B+ board when you actually receive it.

As Paul said, it is very difficult to actually read the printing on the top of the board, but it can be seen if you look closely and/or use a magnifying glass. 

In addition there are white bars on the headers of the correct board, whereas the ones on the incorrect board are all black in colour.

I would also strongly recommend using the list of known parts as trial and error has now proven that these components will all work together. 

Believe me when I say that it is extremely frustrating when you think that you have done everything correctly, only to find out that you have purchased incompatible components.

Thanks again to Paul for making the time to come over and help sort this out - helping each other out is what I think this whole project is about.

Lee if you can eventually get the program to work with the P2 B board, I will readily construct another unit. 

I am member of the LAA Redhill Strut and some of the guys there are interested in PilotAware, so now that I have a working unit I can demonstrate it to them and maybe some will go on to construct their own.

Thanks for your own continued hard work in addressing all of the issues that idiots like me keep throwing in your direction.

Regards   Alan

Admin

« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2015, 06:53:00 pm »
Hi Alan,
Glad to hear it is now working

I have added a boot check which will output an error message during bootup, if the board is not a PiB+

Thx
Lee

Paul_Sengupta

« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2015, 11:31:55 pm »
Thanks again to Paul for making the time to come over and help sort this out

I was my pleasure, I love a bit of troubleshooting, and it was great to meet you and confirm what a small world the aviation world actually is! Glad to hear you've got a system up and working now.

helping each other out is what I think this whole project is about.

I like to think so. I'd like to think the whole world of aviation can be like this.