British Forum > General Discussion

Help for PilotAware Virgin

(1/11) > >>

Rastus:
Having been excited by the article I read today in the LAA's mag Light Aviation I thought I would check out that the design as is would work with my set up which is:

Mini Apple iPad with NO built-in GPS,     Running Sky Demon,     Receiving a GPS signal via Bluetooth from a remote Garmin Glo gps

I hope this is a combination which suits the design and look forward to some advice

peastlake:
This is exactly my set up. On the ground in my work shop (spare bedroom!), it works okay. In the car/trike, once moving, the GPS location is lost almost immediately. Now it might be just me. Lee is investigating, as he's aware of the problem.

Rastus:
Thank you for your response.
I hope we get to know the outcome in the near future

Richard:
Today I have had a really good test with the PlotAware in the air with fantastic results. With no dropouts from gps at all.
       With iPad make sure you first get your wifi hotspot active. Now open collision aware app. And connect. Now leave the app. running with out closing it. Now open sky demon select flarm and you should be good to go.

One question come to mind? Have you installed the latest version of the Pilotaware zip file to your device. Lee altered a time out function within the software last week?

Richard

Admin:
Hi Richard

That is great news.
I am pretty sure Paul has the latest version of PilotAware.
I also recall Alan Walker was using a glo on an early version of PilotAware,
and we did see some issues in that early release, but I think this was due
To some other bugs (since fixed)

This is good news and I think we need to continue gathering data

Thx
Lee

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version