Author Topic: Incessant beep  (Read 1153 times)

Mat

Incessant beep
« on: July 19, 2020, 12:22:25 pm »
Now I'm back flying again I've noticed that I'm getting an incessant regular beep through my headset every few seconds whenever I plug the Pi's audio output into the plane. It disappears when I unplug. Is this PilotAware? Is it trying to tell me something!?

I think the flight before last I ended up rebooting to 'fix' the problem. Thinking about yesterday's flight, I think I only got traffic alerts through SkyDemon. It was relatively quiet though. Maybe the two are related. is the beeping telling me something's stuffed?

It's a PilotAware classic running 20190621 into a TY91 then through to my Bose A20.  I think I've ruled out everything else as it only occurs when I plug in the PilotAware audio output into the Trig TY91 audio in, but I could do a bit more digging trying a second headset, etc.

exfirepro

Re: Incessant beep
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2020, 05:49:47 pm »
Hi Mat,

I get various ‘chirps’ through my headset, mostly originating from my strobes or the transponder.

Have you tried turning any of these off to see if that is the actual source. Not saying that the PAW audio lead isn’t the conductor, but either of the above is much more likely to be the source.

Regards

Peter