Author Topic: Radio Interference  (Read 1884 times)

AMO

Radio Interference
« on: September 06, 2019, 10:56:51 pm »
Has anyone experienced (and fixed) PAW radio interference comprising a click sound which occurs at a frequency of about 1 click every 2 seconds?  It occurs on my Funke ATR 833 but only when the EXT audio input is enabled (with or without a wire connected to the EXT input pin).  If EXT is switch to '0' or if PAW is switched off, the interference stops.   The interference also reduces if I grip the base of the PAW antena.  Thoughts welcome.

Paul_Sengupta

Re: Radio Interference
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2019, 12:05:15 am »
That's the PAW transmitting. You're only going to fix it if you move the PAW/antenna to a different position.

Ian Melville

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2019, 07:56:57 am »
The ATR833 should have a short across the input if nothing is plugged in and the External AUX Input is enabled. Section 4.6.3 in the manual.
I have an ATR833S and connect it to the audio of my PAW. I wired a socket that contains a switch to do the short until a plug is inserted. Not heard any clicking, but I wasn't really looking for it.

mariko

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2019, 08:25:55 pm »
I experienced something similar.
If i put the Rosetta very near to the radio antenna, I hear the data burst when Rosetta transmits, aproximately every two seconds.
Try move the Rosetta, or its remote antenna if it has it,  in a different position.
Ciao
  Mariko