Author Topic: No uplink aircraft showing on Traffic page  (Read 2022 times)

simpson stu

No uplink aircraft showing on Traffic page
« on: August 28, 2019, 08:13:08 pm »
I’ve just upgraded the sim card to the latest software. Selected the new 3D/S in settings, and set the height to an appropriate filter but i show no ‘uplinked’ traffic on the traffic page, just CSA and C showing. I’m about 5 miles between Fairoaks and Farnborough so something must be around. Just wondering why it all looks fine but i’m getting nothing showing differently after the update?

Cheers Stu

Ian Melville

Re: No uplink aircraft showing on Traffic page
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 09:55:55 pm »
Are you testing from the ground? You need to be within range and with a line of sight to an OGN/R ground station to receive the data.

exfirepro

Re: No uplink aircraft showing on Traffic page
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2019, 08:18:56 pm »
Stu,

As Ian says, to get the Mode-S/3D Data you need to be within range of a PAW-OGN-R Ground Rebroadcast Station. Also to prevent Ground Stations cluttering the frequency by continuously transmitting positions for all aircraft within their range, you need to be receiving the Mode S aircraft’s transmissions directly on your PilotAware so that it can identify the aircraft you require a position for (by that aircraft’s ICAO Hex ID) and ask the Ground Station for position data for that specific aircraft.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Peter