Author Topic: Broken 869.5 Aerial, where can I get a replacement?  (Read 2111 times)

storkeye

Broken 869.5 Aerial, where can I get a replacement?
« on: July 06, 2019, 02:08:58 pm »
Hi,

I've broken my 869.5 aerial on my Rosetta and wondered where I can get a replacement. I've had a look around the PilotAware store but can't see any spare parts and I'm not sure which aerial I need to replace it.

I also can't pick up any GPS co-ordinates on the web interface of the Rosetta. Is that linked to the same aerial?

Thanks,
Abe

AlanG

Re: Broken 869.5 Aerial, where can I get a replacement?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2019, 05:11:56 pm »
Hi Abe

With regards your broken antenna I would suspect an email to support@pilotaware.com will be the quickest way to order a replacement.
As to your question of satellite co-ordinates I'm not sure what you are referring to, when logged into the Home screen of the PilotAware interface via 192.168.1.1 in your web browser you should see the indicator lights for the various services down the left hand side.  If the GPS is Red it is usually because the software is not seeing a GPS Dongle, if it is Amber this indicates that it has not acquired enough satellites to obtain a lock.  Further along the line of text it tells you how many satellites are found. it requires at least 4 in use.  This can take some time to achieve if you are indoors or have moved the unit since it was last running.
If you do not have a Green light for the GPS you will not get a green light on the P3i TX/RX or the Barometer as these are dependent on achieving a satisfactory satellite lock.  I'm not aware of anywhere in the software that reports the GPS co-ordinates.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 11:43:26 pm by AlanG »

storkeye

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2019, 12:11:26 pm »
Thank you, I've emailed the support team and asked for a replacement aerial.

In regards to the GPS it is now working. It took a long time to acquire the satellites but it finally did. I've turned it off/on again several times and it seems fine.

Winged_Jaguar

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2019, 12:52:44 pm »
 The current GPS location and other data is reported at the top of the Traffic screen
eg. Date: 2019:07:07 12:48:55: Lat=51.68458 Lng=-1.24518 Alt(gps)=191 Alt(qne)=-2 Trk=0 Kns=0

KR
Chris

Admin

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2019, 01:11:43 pm »
Thank you, I've emailed the support team and asked for a replacement aerial.

In regards to the GPS it is now working. It took a long time to acquire the satellites but it finally did. I've turned it off/on again several times and it seems fine.

First cold boot of a GPS required the download of data from the Satellites
Thx
Lee