Author Topic: Strange output experienced from new update.  (Read 2616 times)

russp

Strange output experienced from new update.
« on: June 25, 2019, 01:00:37 pm »
Took the new pa software for a spin yesterday evening to try out modeS 3D but failed on that score due to having failed to enable it.. I know RTFM.. Bearingless targets were also disabled - all settings as default. BUT I got some very odd warnings which I'm sure I shouldn't have - no idea whether this is a PA issue or one for EasyVFR (I was using the latest beta version of EasyVFR 4) but I'm getting what appear to be bearingless target warnings (although bearingless targets disabled) for commercial aircraft that is literally 100's of miles away? Asking here first because it must be data that's being fed to easy vfr from PA?  The circle on the attached screenshot displayed with the reg's flashing and then went away only to reappear (with often slightly different targets) a few minutes later. Any ideas what's happening here and what I can do to stop it?
Screen shot of easyvfr4 and the associated adsb exchange historic plots of the aircraft regs giving warnings - (more in reply due to file size)

russp

Re: Strange output experienced from new update.
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 01:03:01 pm »
Extra screenshots

Admin

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 01:44:19 pm »
Hi Russ,

Are you sure this is coming from PilotAware, this should not be the case with the warnings off ?

I note your device has 4G, doesn't EasyVFR have a mode to provide data over the 3/4G interface

If you can load your PilotAware track file into aircrew, this will show bearingless warnings so you can simply scroll to the time they appeared

Thx
Lee

russp

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2019, 01:54:45 pm »
Lee - thanks for those pointers, have posted on EasyVFR forum so will ask about those, I'll check to see if I'm using 4G  traffic data (and turn it off if I am) and have a look at getting my track file off the PA - can I do that over wifi? and what is 'Aircrew' - thanks

russp

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2019, 02:07:54 pm »
Rob at Easy VFR assures me that the only source for traffic data in easyVFR is pilotaware so that data must be being provided by pilotaware.

Admin

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2019, 03:22:44 pm »
Lee - thanks for those pointers, have posted on EasyVFR forum so will ask about those, I'll check to see if I'm using 4G  traffic data (and turn it off if I am) and have a look at getting my track file off the PA - can I do that over wifi? and what is 'Aircrew' - thanks

Yes you can get the track over wifi, open a browser on the TRACKS page
https://aircrew.co.uk/playback/

Thx
Lee

Admin

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2019, 03:24:24 pm »
Rob at Easy VFR assures me that the only source for traffic data in easyVFR is pilotaware so that data must be being provided by pilotaware.
OK, lets get the track file and investigate

BTW, how did you connect to PilotAware - which protocol ?

Thx
Lee

russp

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2019, 03:41:26 pm »
OK, lets get the track file and investigate

BTW, how did you connect to PilotAware - which protocol ?

Thx
Lee

Ok I'l get that but won't be back at the airfield until thursday. Easy VFR is set up to Monitor for Flarm equipment on 192.168.1.1 - I'm pretty sure the PA was set to Auto, I did think about changing it to Flarm later but decided to leave it on auto on the if it isn't broke basis. It also feeds my Dynon Skyview HDX via USB1 which is set to Flarm.

Russ