Author Topic: Rosetta connection problem  (Read 3119 times)

JohnR

Rosetta connection problem
« on: February 07, 2019, 06:08:33 pm »
I upgraded from the Classic to the Rosetta and tried it for the first time today having had the plane in maintenance since I upgraded.  I get the wifi connection link but then the connection shows an orange message "no internet connection" on the iPad settings page.  I tried it on two different iPads with the same result.  I am using SD as the product to show PAW and previously had no problems.  What am I doing wrong?

Admin

Re: Rosetta connection problem
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 06:26:53 pm »
Hi
This is correct behaviour, you are not connected to the internet as reported
Does SkyDemon still work correctly?
Thx
Lee

JohnR

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 06:54:18 pm »
Yes SD is worki as normal using location.

Admin

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 07:10:05 pm »
So SD will not connect to pilotaware for traffic/gps ?
What happens when you try to connect using
Pilotaware, flarm or GDL90 ?

Thx
Lee

JohnR

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2019, 09:41:52 am »
Looking at the logging page this morning it has a message "License fail for echo ......"

Do I need to re-input the license?

AlanG

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2019, 11:52:43 am »
Hi John

Sounds like you have not done the setup after your upgrade.  If you log into the PAW wifi with your browser and check the Home page it will likely show your licence has expired.  In which case you will need to go to the configure screen and enter all of your details again, including your licence key.  the same one you had for your classic should work provided it's still within date and you have not changed your Raspberry pi.  If you have changed the Raspberry Pi you will need to inform PilotAware of the new Mac address and get the licence transferred.

I should add that this is assuming you used the "upgrade" package and did not purchase a brand new Rosetta.

Alan

JohnR

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2019, 02:56:51 pm »
I had a new license key which I input when I received it and it did work on the ground.  I will be flying over to Rotterdam on Sunday so I will try it then and see if it works.

AlanG

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2019, 04:41:06 pm »
Ok John

It won't do any harm just to log into the wifi and check the Home screen to see if it says licence expired.
It could just be that you didn't click save when you input it the last time and it has defaulted back on the next startup.

Regards
Alan