Author Topic: Android and Sky Demon  (Read 5574 times)

dougblair

Android and Sky Demon
« on: October 08, 2015, 10:10:12 am »
Hi,  I have PAW built and according to the web interface it is seeing the UBlox dongle for position and is seeing ADSB sentences.  I am in North Wales with a clear view out to the Irish Sea.  FR24 shows lots of ADSB activity.  SD is set up with Flarm 6000 and seems to be accepting PAW as an external device. 
I am see no ADSB on SD.  I have raised SDs display level to fl240
Any suggestions to what I might be doing wrong ?
I had read that SD would use the external device ( PAW with U Blox GPS ) for position ?

Thanks
Doug

Admin

Re: Android and Sky Demon
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 10:14:13 am »
Hi Doug

Did you follow the thread here ?

http://forum.pilotaware.com/index.php/topic,13.msg16.html#msg16

in particular
2.1 Setup->Navigation_Options
Go to the bottom of the options and alter 'Show within Vertically' to something like +-40000ft,
otherwise for testing purposes, you will see no traffic

Thx
Lee

dougblair

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 10:58:19 am »
Hi Lee,
thanks, both problems solved.  SD Android runs on PAW USB GPS which is good as the  Bluetooth GPS does not like some of the other electronics and it is less clutter.
By raising the height limit I have some ADSB targets which make sense from where I am.  It is worth noting that SD does NOT retain the 40000ft setting on re boot.

The two T1 Hawks that came by BELOW the house must not have ADSB......................but then they have no collision avoidance kit fitted and neither did the Sea King.  That puts your amazing efforts in perspective.

Thanks
Doug

Admin

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 02:05:47 pm »
By raising the height limit I have some ADSB targets which make sense from where I am.  It is worth noting that SD does NOT retain the 40000ft setting on re boot.

That must be Android specific, because these are persistent on iOS.
Suggest you report to Tim Dawson

ianfallon

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2015, 02:38:24 pm »
I'll check later but fairly sure it remembers on my Android tablet. Check the version of Skydemon too - I am on the latest.

chrismills

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2015, 11:23:30 pm »
My version of SD retains the 40000ft setting too.

Chris

dougblair

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2015, 05:18:08 pm »
I was doing something daft.  SD does retain the 40000ft setting.

dougblair

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2015, 05:26:57 pm »
Driving around with PAW running  ( maybe there should be a way to disable the beacon as not to confuse others )  SD was running OK for about 10 mins then dropping out complaining of lack of GPS signal. I am getting the GPS from USB Blox and SD is using that as well. We were not anywhere I would expect loss and I would expect SD to recover once GPS returned. ( if it really has dropped,PAW appears good as the web logging indicate good GPS and good ADSB ).  I need to figure out a way of analysing which is failing.